Breastfeeding

How to increase supply

I EP and am getting very frustrated.  I am not producing enough milk and am looking for advice. 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to increase supply

• I was not a big pumper, but I did experience a drop in my supply around 4 months.  Here's what helped me.

Water, water, water.  Lots and lots of fluids.  I drank 100+oz a day.  Get a good water bottle and drink, drink, drink. 

Before I started taking supplements, I ate a bowl of oatmeal daily or at least a granola bar or cookie with oatmeal.  My LC recommended sweet potatoes and even okra (yes, sounds strange, but okra is common in these parts).  I ate snacks high in protein and never missed a meal.

I took "More Mill Plus" by Motherlove.  It's a mix of Fenugreek and other milk boosting herbs.  It's a little pricey and can upset your stomach, but I did see a small increase after 5-6 days (taking the recommended dosage).  I found it at Whole Foods.  Once I ran out of MMP, I bought plain fenugreek (GNC).  Also, I found "Mother's Milk Tea" - an herbal tea - at SuperTarget (made by Modern Medicinals).  It's not the best tasting, but it was a fluid!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nurse more! PUMP! Fenugreek! Drink water!
  • Loading the player...
  • He is a terrible nurser!  Thanks for the advice ladies.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"