Trouble TTC
Options

Double Dose of Bravelle

Hey Ladies,

I'm getting ready to give myself a double dose (150iu) of Bravelle and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to mix 2 75iu Bravelle powder into 1 sodium chloride or if I double both the Bravelle and sodium chloride.  What did you ladies do?  My nurse said to double the dose which I thought I knew what she meant until now when I'm trying to mix the meds.  

I'm going to search online as well but I was just wondering what you ladies do.  It's too late to call my RE's office:( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Double Dose of Bravelle

• Options
    Nevermind.  I found the answer... should have looked it up first.  
  • Options

You should mix everything as normal, you're just doing more.

So if it's 1 powder to 1 liquid, do 2 powder to 2 liquid tonight.  Don't just double up the powder.

Good luck!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Actually with Bravelle you can do up to 6 powders with one liquid. You should use 1 vial of Sodium Chloride w/m 2 bravelle
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

This is what I found: https://www.stroheckersrx.com/Bravelle.htm  

If Mixing More than One Vial of BRAVELLEInject the contents of the syringe (powdered medication mixed with diluent) directly into the next vial of powdered medication, slowly and cautiously. This will increase the dosage without increasing the liquid volume. Do not use more diluent for additional vials of Bravelle. Again, rotate the vial between your thumb and index finger until the solution is clear.  Again, rotate the vial between your thumb and index finger until the solution is clear. Withdraw the newly mixed Bravelle from the second vial back into the syringe. Repeat until you have reached your prescribed vial dosage. Withdraw the medication mixture from the final vial into the syringe and prepare for your injection.

This is what I did, but I'll double check with the RE tomorrow morning when I go in (and if you want, I can update this with what he said).  Thank you both!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"