Infertility
Options

**Wewannababy**

Just curious how you are doing since you post the other day about ectopic/meth shot/pain.      Hope you are doing ok, Ectopics are the worst.    I have a friend locally going through the same thing, has had two shots of meth and beta is rising again. She is so over it! 

Let us know how you are doing.  ((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Wewannababy**

• Options

Thank you so much for thinking of me!  It means a lot....

I'm doing better, than over the weekend.  I went in Sunday morning to see RE after paging him on Saturday night around 10pm.  He said it's very typical for women to have labor like contractions about 6-8 days after the methotrexate shot.  He said that normally that meant the shot was doing its job and pushing the pregnancy out of the tube.  However, there was also a slight chance that it could also cause the tube to rupture during this process.  So he asked me to call him back if the pain got any worse and to come in first thing Sunday morning.  The labor like contractions started around 2pm Saturday and lasted until Monday morning.  I went in Sunday and the ultrasound did not show anything in the tube anymore, so he was reassured that the methotrexate shot had helped push the pregnancy out of the tube and what I was feeling were those contractions.  Went back Tuesday as well and now I go back weekly to make sure that my beta numbers are dropping.

I'm so sorry to hear that your friend is going through this as well.  It's horrible emotionally, physically, and mentally.  I wouldn't wish this pain (both physical and emotional) on my worst enemy.  Please give your friend lots of hugs... I'm sure she will appreciate what a caring person you are...

Thanks again for checking in on me....  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"