1st Trimester

1st trimester bleeding

I'm 10 wks along and experienced some bleeding, more than spotting but way less than my average period. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? If so, what was happening? Is there more possible causes than just miscarriage? Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st trimester bleeding

• When I called my ob about mine today she said could be the placenta from being dehydrated. Could still be ok but I would call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are a lot of potential causes for 1st tri spotting (recent sexual activity, UTI or yeast infection, recent PAP or TV u/s).  But you should always call your OB.  They may want to see you to be safe.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely wouldn't mess with bleeding and would just call your OB first thing in the morning. It's probably nothing, but you'll feel better if you call.
  • I just got my BFP last Sunday (as a shock because I had implantation bleeding that I thought was my period a week ago).  I went to my OB today because this morning I had a bit of spotting that has continued throughout the day.  She did a pelvic exam and a sonogram and said that its nothing to worry about.  She said it was most likely due to the fact that my husband and I had intercourse last night.  BTW, I did get to see the tiny little beginning of my baby :-)  That was truly exciting and reassuring!  It's definitely worth calling the doctor, even just for peace of mind.

BabyFetus Ticker
    image Visit The Nest!
    TTC Since April 2010 BFP #1 - 6/27/10 ... M/C - 7/12/10 BFP #2 - 1/22/11 ... Praying for a sticky one!!!
  • I did call the dr and will see him first thing tomorrow morning. I can't see him today because of the holiday (Canada Day). I'm stressed but I never thought of dehydration. I've had horrible morning sickness and have a hard time keeping even liquid down. Thanks everyone for the little peace of mind. I'll worry when I know for sure. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"