March 2011 Moms

Who is going to find out the sex?

Are you going to find out the sex? or are you going to wait till the birthday?

My H and I have decided not to find out the sex early, we'll wait till the delivery to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I love the surprise and being able to pick out two names. My DH likes the idea of telling everyone at the hospital if it's a boy or a girl :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who is going to find out the sex?

• We're not going to find out until birth. I think the surprise is one of the best parts of having a baby.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not sure yet.  I keep telling myself that I won't find out, but I think I probably will.  I am a planner and want to have everything purchased, and hanging up before we bring home our lo.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a huge planner and I hate surprises. So waiting would be torture for me. lol I will find out as soon as possible.

Perhaps I will change my mind in a few months but right now thats the plan!

• That is really neat that you are doing that!  Not us, though.  Just having to wait until week 16 and on is killing me :)  I love to plan things early and so DH so we will go that route....this is very exciting for all of us :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like a pp said, I'm having trouble waiting until week 16+ to find out. I want to be able to pick out all sorts of gender specific things for the nursery, so we're going to find out. My sister waited with her first baby though and it was wonderful!
  • I really wish that I could wait until the birth!  I am pretty sure that I won't be able to be that patient.  I may have them put it in an envelope at the ultrasound and do the reveal at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

• DH always said he wanted to be team green but then all of a sudden he changed his mind when i got pregnant so really, i don't have a clue!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • imageJordanB23:
    Not sure yet.  I keep telling myself that I won't find out, but I think I probably will.  I am a planner and want to have everything purchased, and hanging up before we bring home our lo.

I'm a planner too, and do plan on having everything ready for my LO. I understand people wanting gender-specific items but just b/c I'm not finding out the sex doesn't mean I won't be prepared or have everything ready/hanging up in our nursery. It just won't be a closet full of blue or pink. I also understand that some people just can't wait to find out, your going to find out at some point in time, so why not find out at 20 weeks instead of 40 weeks.

• We're going to wait until birth. I am very much a planner so I am actually surprised with myself that I want to wait. I really like the idea of being able to say "It's a ..." at the hospital.

edit: spelling

• I think it would be fun to wait, but I am super impatient, so I think we'll probably find out.  I also like the idea of being able to customize with the name when decorating/buying things.

• We are going to find out before the birth.

The birth of my son was so magical that it didn't matter if we found out before he was born. I, personally, don't think that it would have add much to the magical moment. But others would disagree.

If we can't find out th sex I won't be heart broken though.

• imagevoeux:

I really wish that I could wait until the birth!  I am pretty sure that I won't be able to be that patient.  I may have them put it in an envelope at the ultrasound and do the reveal at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

That is a great idea!  I may do that also!   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are going to find out before. I always said I wanted to wait until the baby was born, but now being pregnant, I can't imagine waiting that long. DH said he would keep it a secret from me if I really didn't want to know - because he's definitely finding out - but I know I'd hate that. I'd break down and ask him what the sex of the baby is and he would refuse to tell me because he would try to make me stick to having that surprise. LOL
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • As of right now, we are planning on Team Green until delivery. 
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • We are absolutely finding out the sex. I give all the credit in the world to Team Green people. I could not resist the temptation!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"