TTC After a Loss

Dumb cooking question

If you crack open your egg and it has two yolks, does that count as one egg or two for the recipe?  And yes, I do find it ironic that I buy FH chicken eggs.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dumb cooking question

• Just one egg.  The overall volume is the same, just less of the white and more of the yolk. 
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Thanks.  I did think of the volume thing, but I dont really love the yolks so I hesitate to put another one in.  I guess we will just have a little extra cholesterol tonight, yum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Depends on what your making, but I usually count it as 1.  If the egg wasn't big enough that you could tell it was a double without cracking it open, then it's probably fine.  I have one in my fridge that is so big it doesn't fit in the carton, so if I bake with it, I'll count it as two.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Thanks Kristy!  I am making french toast (yep, healthy dinner at my house.)
  • imageRunSchwartzRun:
    Thanks Kristy!  I am making french toast (yep, healthy dinner at my house.)

Sounds yummy!  Since it won't effect the liquid measurement, like in a cake or something, it's no big deal.

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"