Baby Showers
Options

Suprise work shower!

I started as a temp for this company at the end of April, and the job was only supposed to last 30 days.  Just before the end of the 30 days, they asked if I would like to extend to the end of June, then last week they asked me to stay again, this time untill atleast July 16th, if not longer.  Needless to say I was quite honored today when they suprised me with a baby shower during my lunch hour!  I am going to be sad when I have to leave, and wish I could take this on as a permenant position, however we are moving about 3 hours away.  Probably at the end of July, but a lot of it depends on when this job really ends. 

I plan on writing a Thank You note to each of the ladies who pitched in and/or got me a gift.  I am wondering if I should also send out a quick thank you e-mail to everyone today as well?  I also plan on making cookies or some sort of treat tonight to bring in as a thank you to everyone for their generosity.  WDYT?

image'>image

Re: Suprise work shower!

• Options

imageAnnie10:
    Wow, that's awesome - sounds like you had a great day! Yes, I think a thank you e-mail and cookies are a nice touch in addition to the hand written thanks you's.

Agreed : )

• Options
    OK, that's what I was thinking.  One more question.  Do I send the e-mail out to everyone, or just the people who chipped in on gifts and came to the shower?

image'>image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    at my coworker's recent office shower, the organizer gave her a list of folks who contributed (not all who contributed could make it to the shower).  She sent a thank you email and wrote thank yous to everyone on the list, plus anyone else who randomly showed up at the shower itself.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"