D.C. Area Babies

Early labor?

Yesterday I was 1cm and 70% and my doc said, "soon" and he didn't think I'd make induction.  A couple hours later, started having more regular contractions while at the grocery store and they have continued till now.  I counted for an hour last night and I was averaging 12 an hour (but not really 5 apart exactly)...walkable and talkable.  The on call doc said to wait longer till they became more painful and more regular in time. 

Part of me feels like my body is fooling me and the other part can't believe it's actually happening.  So, other early labor experiences?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Early labor?

• Oooh exciting!!!! I hope this is the real deal!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This could definitely be it! The trick is to make sure they're getting closer together/faster. Keep an eye on them. Sounds cliche, but you'll probably "just know" when it's really time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • good luck, keep us posted!
  • Go for a walk to help keep them going.  I just started at hard labor, so no personal experience, but it sounds promising!
  • I went at 39 weeks.  At my appointment the day prior I was 6 cm dilated, fully dropped and the doctor told me that I would go the following day.  Lo and behold I did.  Early labor just felt like menstrual cramps, you definietely "know" when it is hard labor.  Best of luck.  You have my thoughts and prayers.
  • Wow, this is exciting!!  Good luck!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • kastlekastle member
    Wow!  Good luck!
  • Update!  No, not that exciting.  :)  Talked to my OB nursing colleague and she recommended drinking 3 glasses of water and calling my office again as they are having lots of complaints of uterine irritability due to the extreme heat.  She is concerned though because my back is hurting/cramping.  All still walkable/talkable.  So we wait...
  • Hopefully this is it for you and the contractions will start to get stronger and closer together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • No change after the water, but they wanted me to come in and get checked due to a med I am on...no changes there either.  But I did lose a couple pounds since yesterday.  However, the contractions continue, are more intense and my back is really cramping.  We will be walking when DH gets home! 

Yikes! 

• I had this for 2 days before my water finally broke, hopefully you'll have similar luck!
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"