Toddlers: 24 Months+

DS put a dried blueberry up his nose today....

It happened SO quickly during snack. He was showing off a bit for friends and it went right up his nose. I was across the table saying "NO!" and running over to him and all of the sudden it was gone. One friend thought she saw it fall out of his nose, but I didnt and figured it must have gone far in.

I called the Pedi who said as long as DS was breathing fine he should be okay and to keep an eye on him.

15 minutes later he sneezed and a snotty blueberry shot across the room.

What a day! :)

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
I love these two beautiful children!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DS put a dried blueberry up his nose today....

• i've been waiting for this day :(
  • If it ever happens again let me share a trick that I paid a $20 co pay to learn.

Lay him down on his back.

Plug the non-plugged nostril.

Blow in the mouth like you're giving him mouth to mouth.

The object will fly right out.

Just be prepared because it will likely be a nasty wet slimy thing smacking you in the cheek.

Fun times!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was just lurking here and had to comment.

When I was little I used to shove veggies up my nose, apparently...you know, like peas, corn, and the little cubed carrots that come in frozen veggie mixes.

My parents had no idea I was doing this on the sly until I sneezed one day and some came flying out.

The dried blueberry just made me chuckle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"