Success after IF
Options

Trig had his ECI evaluation today

They were REALLY REALLY great. It went really well and Trig loved the evaluators except that it took 2 hours and Trig was ready to go down for his morning nap so he got a bit fussy.

I'll cut to the chase: Trig qualified for services. They were so positive and nice and I kept saying "yes" to all of the things they asked if he does and so I thought that he wasn't going to qualify. But, socially/emotionally/verbally he is functioning at a 12-15 month level and in some areas he's actually ahead. But the biggest concern is his motor skills - he is at 12 months when it comes to that, so he's really behind. Close to 5 months behind. Although he is cruising (and has been cruising for 7 months now!) his muscle coordination really has him nowhere near walking at this point. It was hard to hear but I know it's the truth in my heart. 

As upsetting as this news is, I am SO GLAD that he is getting help!!!  If he needs it, then I am glad he is going to get it. I really am. One of the biggest things that the physical therapist suggested was that Trig may benefit from wearing hard soled shoes. We hadn't done that yet because the American Academy of Pediatrics actually recommends starting harder shoes once they are closer to walking but the therapist said that sometimes, with some kids, they are more confident in shoes. Shoes here we come!

Thanks for listening.

Re: Trig had his ECI evaluation today

• Options

I am glad he is getting help and it sounds like it won't take much time for him to be walking.

We switched to hard sole shoes before DS was walking only because our daycare required those in his new room.(he moved over before 1 year)

Yea for shoes!

• Options
    It isn't good that he is behind but good that he can get help. Nothing wrong with the hard soled shoes if that is what he needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure those PTs will have Trig walking in no time! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Glad that he is going to get a little help!!  He's going to be running in circles around you in no time!!  HUGS!!!
  • Options

Sounds like a positive evaluation...and here's to hoping that the hard soled shoes make all the difference!!

(((Hugs)))

• Options
    epphdepphd member
    Great!!  Our friend's 14 month old went from from cruising to walking/running w/in just a few days of wearing hard soled shoes.  I bet you'll see a big leap in a hurry! Go Trig!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    FWIW, I didn't walk until 18 months, and I had NO clue until DD started walking and my mom told me.  And even 18 months is still considered late-normal from what I understand.  All kids just do different things (physical, verbal, etc.) at different times.  I know you know that, of course. :)  I'm glad your questions have been answered and he'll be getting a little help to nudge him along a bit faster. :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"