Baby Names

boy names that flow with DD's

We found out on Monday we are having a boy (yay!), so the name search begins.  I'm looking through a baby name book that I have from when I was pregnant with DD, and I'm just not finding anything that sticks out.  DD's name is Natalie, so I want something that "goes" with her name, but not something too matchy.  For example, DH and I both love Nathan, but we both agree it's way too similar to her name.  Suggestions?  And, go!

imageimageimage

Re: boy names that flow with DD's

• Ethan Chance Shane Chase Connor Drew Lucas Burke Harrison Callum Joshua or Dean?

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I grew up next-door neighbors to a Natalie (love it!) her sibling was Tanner.. I always felt they matched really well together.

• Loading the player...
  • Is Nicholas too matchy?

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:

Is Nicholas too matchy?

No, I don't think so.  I'm not sure if I like it.  It's weird.  Every name I'm like, oh, I like that, but don't love it.  :)  Thanks for the suggestions ladies, keep 'em coming!

imageimageimage
  • Growing up I knew a Natalie with Nathan as a brother and I never thought it sounded strange.
  • imageKLiz09:
    Growing up I knew a Natalie with Nathan as a brother and I never thought it sounded strange.

Ooh, good to know!  My mom said she didn't think it sounded too matchy either.

imageimageimage
  • imagehewinked:

imageKLiz09:
    Growing up I knew a Natalie with Nathan as a brother and I never thought it sounded strange.

Ooh, good to know!  My mom said she didn't think it sounded too matchy either.

Sorry, I think they are too "matchy", especially if they go by Nat and Nate for nicknames. Other options: Jacob, Ethan, Andrew, Lucas, Grant, Jack.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know a set of twins (they're about 25 or so) named Natalie and Nathan. I always thought it was too matchy.

What about: Owen, Patrick, Liam, Henry, Elijah, Aaron, or Samuel? I think those all have a similar "feel" to Natalie.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• i actually have a baby name book that gives you names that go well with each name. Anyway the Brothers names they have for Natalie are

Evan

Zachary

Christian

Lucas

Aaron

Best of luck to you!

• I wouldn't go with Nathan.

Like PP said, there is the Nate & Nat nns, which are way too close.

When I was in elem. school I was in the same class as a Nathan, and our teacher always mixed up our names. I never did like her. 

• First thing I though of was Connor (not sure why!)

Others that I think sound cute with Natalie: Davis, Maddox, Max, Oliver, Liam

• britabbritab member

Greyson, Hazen, Harlan, Nathaniel, Douglas, Neil, Nelson, Nigel, Noah, Nolan?

Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a friend with a DD named Natalie. Her boy name is Dylan.  I think they sound great together.
  • We have sibs Natalie and a Nicholas in my extended family. That said, go with a name you love and don't stress how it sounds with Natalie. It will be a tiny window of their lives where anyone thinks of them as a pair rather than as two individuals. As the two grow up together and people say their names, they will automatically "go" together.
  • Thanks for suggestions!  Why is DH never here when I wanna ask him about names?  LOL 
    imageimageimage
  • I normally lurk but FWIW...

My name is Natalie and I have 3 brothers... Zachary, Samuel and Max.  I know these names we're brought up in other posts but just thought I'd share! :)

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"