Babies on the Brain
Options

Baby toys?

I guess I never really thought about this, but other than a few "teething" type toys Baby Bun has no "toys". I did get the fisher price Rain forest play mat. Does she really need any toys? I mean, at what point will she really become interested in toys?

Am I a total loser mom already?

Re: Baby toys?

• Options
    They have these plush toys that clip on car seats and bouncers that vibrate. All the babies in my family love them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Jack never really interacted with anything until he was a few months old, and by then we took him to Target to "choose" what he wanted. (i.e. we'd dangle this toy or that toy in front of his face and pick whatever one got a rise out of him.).

When he was just born the only toys he had were things that people brought as welcome baby presents like teddy bears.

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh!  Though when he was a few weeks old we did give him the Seahorse, which he still loves.  I can't recommend that enough.  Best $14 toy ever.
    Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Options
    For the first few months, no they don't need toys. Until then, the best toys are your face and voice. They love looking at your expressions and hearing you talk and sing. I have a box full of toys people bought for Liam, and they just sit there. He could care less.
  • Options

The one toy DD loved forever was the Fisher Price puppy. She would chew his ear like crazy. She got so much use out of it.

I agree with PP, they don't need much the first couple of months. The playmat is a good idea, and so is the clip-on toys that you can attach to the carseats.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I was a getting a little worried that maybe I was slacking.
  • Options

Playmat and teething toys are a good start.  DS really loved those rings that clip together and form a chain starting at about 1-2 months old.  Also, ditto the carset toy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"