Multiples
Options

anyone elses toddlers decide they HATE diaper changes?

and what is that all about?  they are both having tantrums at almost every change now, so i'm guessing they have picked up this new trick from each other.  i let them hold a toy during the change, and that was helping, but now, not so much. 

how long do your let LOs run around naked?  sometimes, i just want to give up... but after a few minutes i wrestle a diaper on ;)

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: anyone elses toddlers decide they HATE diaper changes?

• Options

OMG yes....it is torture! they scream bloody murder the whole time and wriggle around til they are in crawl position and try to take off...

I have figured out how to fasten on a diaper while they are on the go..it isn't pretty...but it wotks....and it helps to buy a size up...

• Options
    janjagjanjag member
    imagejenn_darrin1515:

OMG yes....it is torture! they scream bloody murder the whole time and wriggle around til they are in crawl position and try to take off...

I have figured out how to fasten on a diaper while they are on the go..it isn't pretty...but it wotks....and it helps to buy a size up...

well, i'm sorry you're suffering too, but it makes me feel a little better to know i'm not alone :P

i have done a couple diapers while vivi's standing.  you're right, not pretty!  audrey is just gone way too fast.  will try a size up with her though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG!  yes, what is up with that?  He turns around even before I can get the soiled diaper off, so there is poo everywhere!  it's definitely frustrating, but i've figured out that I can give him a bottle (i know, yuk!) while i'm changing him or give him something to play with, it helps for a few seconds, but that's all I need!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine will not sit still!!! They are constantly on the move. I have tried doing the toy thing as well, but it only works once in awhile. 
  • Options

DS has been doing this since somewhere b/w 9 & 10 months. It makes me insane crawling after him trying to pu t on the diaper & tehn trying to snap his clothes or get shorts back on or whatever. Esp when it is a poopy diaper & he's trying to get away> I admit, I can't stand changing him anymore & MH and I will negotiate who has to do it LOL. 

• Options
    janjagjanjag member

imagebusybea:
    OMG!  yes, what is up with that?  He turns around even before I can get the soiled diaper off, so there is poo everywhere!  it's definitely frustrating, but i've figured out that I can give him a bottle (i know, yuk!) while i'm changing him or give him something to play with, it helps for a few seconds, but that's all I need!

happy birthday to your nicholas! 

with poop, i get both ankles in my hand firmly and press feet down toward their chests.  that helps for the clean-up part.  but can't hold them like that too long.  they get so strong!     

• Options
    janjagjanjag member

imagepekabluhm:
    Mine will not sit still!!! They are constantly on the move. I have tried doing the toy thing as well, but it only works once in awhile. 

yup, it only buys me about 5sec now.

• Options

You are not alone.  I have to physically restrain mine sometimes to get their diapers changed. 

I am going to start potty training Bryce here pretty soon.  He is becoming very aware of his eliminations and tries to take his diaper off as soon as he potties in it.

Beck could really careless.  He would prefer to be naked all the time if he could be.

• Options
    janjagjanjag member
    imagegroovygrl:

DS has been doing this since somewhere b/w 9 & 10 months. It makes me insane crawling after him trying to pu t on the diaper & tehn trying to snap his clothes or get shorts back on or whatever. Esp when it is a poopy diaper & he's trying to get away> I admit, I can't stand changing him anymore & MH and I will negotiate who has to do it LOL. 

when dh is home i casually mention, "oh, audrey smells awful." and walk away ;)  dh is good about that.  but, the days i work he comes home first, and when i walk in the door, the girls almost never have their pants/shorts on.  he gives up at that point.  ha ha.

• Options
    imagejanjag:

happy birthday to your nicholas! 

awww, thank you so much!  Gosh, it's gone by so quick! ....  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. Lately I have to give them a toorhbrush or a magazine to distract them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageerinri02:

You are not alone.  I have to physically restrain mine sometimes to get their diapers changed. 

This exactly!  I feel like we are in a WWF match b/c I have to repaetedly turn them over to try to change them.

I haven't done any standing changes (yet) but I have fastened a few from the back as they were crawling away from me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"