Northern California Babies

When does spitting up slow down/stop.

Lilly still spits up.  A lot.  She'll spit up after a feed and even an hour after a feed.

Does this slow down or stop at some point?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When does spitting up slow down/stop.

• I am no help, EJ never was a spitter-upper save for a handful of incidences. 

But I think it is different for every kid. 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Both boys were big time spitter-uppers. I had to continue to burp them almost to a year old. Even though every child is differentit slowed down around 9-10 months for us. Hang in there!! Sean was more problematic than Aiden in that we had to make sure no bouncing or crazy activity after a bottle or some meals as he'd end up tossing it all. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • It still happens for us occasionally, but it is nothing like it was in the beginning.  I do still burp her just to make sure.  Also I try to avoid placing her on her belly, bouncing her around or putting her in her exersaucer immediately following a feeding.  This has seemed to help a bit. 
  • I hope it does slow down soon!  It is a little ridiculous!  Sometimes I swear it is worse than when she was a newborn!
  • Eve had a horrible time with spitting up. I don't remember exactly when it ended, but I want to say it was around 9-10 months. Probably around the time that she really started to eat more solids than formula. Also, I seem to remember that it got better when we started giving her her formula in a sippy cup instead of a bottle. Good luck! I promise, it will stop eventually!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • imageSportyMrs.23:
    I hope it does slow down soon!  It is a little ridiculous!  Sometimes I swear it is worse than when she was a newborn!

DD was way worse later on than she was as a newborn...her 6-9 month clothes all prove it, too! (lots of spit up stains). Part of it I'm sure is because her reflux meds weren't really doing much at that age (we didn't increase the dosage after a certain point). I'd guess around 10 months, when she was eating a lot of table food, it seemed to stop. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ha! I was just going to say it started to slow down (in that there wasn't a burp rag in EVERY photo taken of her) when she was 8-9 months old, when I looked at your ticker...  by the time she hit a year, it got much better. She was a major spitter... 
  • I'm glad there is an end in sight...from the sounds of it...we don't have too much longer on this spit up train!
  • like PKW, i'd be of no help as rosie spit up maybe a total of 5 times all before she turned 3 months and hasn't since.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"