1st Trimester
Options

Telling family about the pregnancy

I'm so upset. I don't want to tell anyone until I'm out of the first trimester and my husband just doesn't understand. My family knows because my step dad has a big mouth and I'm really upset about it. But now my husband wants to tell his family and I'm just not ready. Have any of you had this problem? What should I do?

Re: Telling family about the pregnancy

• Options
    I can understand you being upset about it. But it's really unfair if your family knows, but your husbands family can't know. Put yourself in his shoes, you'd be really upset if you were him. So unfortunately, one of you is going to be upset.
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Your husband should respect your wishes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wanted to tell the people I was close to b.c if god forbid something happened I would want that support.  I told my family and the people closest to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How did your step dad find out?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageIvana.Stolichnaya:
    Your husband should respect your wishes.

Yes, but it's his baby too. If something happens he may need the support of his family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Either you should have decided to not tell either family until you were ready, or you tell both sides.  It's not fair to make your husband wait to tell him family if he wants to, when you've already told yours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    That stinks your step dad blabbed... did you decide to tell your family but not your husbands? If so, how come? It's probably better to decide ahead of time, but obviously its too late for that. Maybe your husband will compromise a bit, like, maybe telling just his parents, or telling his parents soon, but not right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree that it's not right to tell your family but not your husband's. It sucks that your step-dad couldn't keep quiet, but you don't want to risk his family finding out from someone other than you.

We faced the same problem - H wanted to tell his family a few days ago, but my mom has a huge project at work this week so I wanted to wait until the weekend. IMO, if you tell one side you have to tell the other. It's only fair.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"