Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Very strange but oddly comforting coincidences

I found this out last night and it definitely makes me believe even more strongly that those who have moved on try to reach out to us in little ways, there is no logical explanation for this.

My MIL's brother Shawn died young, in his 20s, before DH even knew him. It's always been such a tragedy and sadness in their otherwise happy family. My grandparents-in-law constantly mourn their lost son.

My SIL gave birth to her second child on Father's day, June 20. I was surprised at the coincidence that my niece was born, unexpectedly and prematurely, on Shawn's birthday.

Talking to my MIL last night, I found out that SIL's older child, my nephew, was born 20 years to the day on the anniversary of Shawn's death. And he was 5 weeks premature. What in the world are the odds of that? Isn't that so bizarre?!  Especially since neither child was born anywhere near their due dates.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Very strange but oddly comforting coincidences

• That is crazy! A blessing, I suppose:)
    So excited for our little blessing:)
  • BlakeGBlakeG member
    That is very bizarre!
    Natural BFP - 2/13/10, Natural M/C - 3/9/10 (Missed m/c found at 8wks 4days) Prenatal B/W shows I'm a Beta Thal carrier & so is DH. Onto IVF w/PGD... Jan 2011 - IVF #1 - C/P Mar 2011 - IVF #2 - Day 5 PGD, no ET, 5 snow babies May 2011 - FET #1 - BFP!! Twins!!! 2/9/12 - Our precious miracles arrived! Baby A 7lbs 13oz & Baby B 5lbs 13oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow, I have a space heater on me and that gave me chills.  Love it. How are you doing? Hugs.
    My Little
  • imageMySweetBaboo:
    Oh wow, I have a space heater on me and that gave me chills.  Love it. How are you doing? Hugs.

I know right, it's so weird. I think it kind of bothered my MIL, but I thought it was nice, a tribute to her brother. 

I am okay,the second batch of misoprostol never worked either. I am spotting a tiny bit, no cramping, which is good because I feel fine but sucks because I know it's not working.

I'm just waiting now for my OB to call me back to schedule a D&C, hoping to get in this Friday. I am so ready to move on. We've known for 3 weeks now that something was wrong and we still can't move forward. I just want to get to the place where we can TTC again and it keeps getting pushed further and further away.

• That is bizarre! But, i TOTALLY believe in things like that. I really don't think there's any such thing as a coincidence. Everything happens for a reason. I hope your Grandparents in-law are comforted by that!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    click the button above to read my blog!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • That is really cool.  I wonder if that gives any kind of comfort to your grandparent-in-law that their son had a hand in this and/or looking over them to keep them safe since they were born early.
  • Lkat17Lkat17 member

Wow, that's amazing! And I agree, it's a lovely tribute to Shawn.

I'm sorry to hear the medication hasn't been working and I hope you're able to get the D&C scheduled asap. (((big hugs)))

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • That is odd, but cool to know that they have a good reason to look forward to that date and that the preemies are healthy :)
    Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• image*Chicken*:
    That is really cool.  I wonder if that gives any kind of comfort to your grandparent-in-law that their son had a hand in this and/or looking over them to keep them safe since they were born early.

Yeah I hope so! Though both were early they are perfectly healthy! I think it's lovely! And whether you believe he had anything to do with it or not, it at least takes these two devastating date that always were painful reminders to them, and has turned them into positive days-their great-grandchildren's birthdyays.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"