Success after IF
Options

job interview--send thank you card or email?

I had the most bizarre interview ever for a teaching job--they had all the candidates come at once, and everyone had to write an essay, have a short interview, and do a "project" (sing or play a song).  They don't expect to be scheduling second interviews for a few weeks so I figured it's a good idea to send a card to the superintendent (he was there overseeing the whole process).

Card or email?  I worry with a card the secretary will open it and not forward it to him. 

Re: job interview--send thank you card or email?

• Options
    I've done a lot of hiring and I always appreciate a handwritten card as opposed to an email.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I vote for a hand written note.
    Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i don't know about a card, but i always send a professional thank you letter after an interview (letter, mailed or faxed, not email).
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageGenRN45:
    i don't know about a card, but i always send a professional thank you letter after an interview (letter, mailed or faxed, not email).

I've also always sent an official thank you letter to everyone on the interview panel, and it was always mailed.

2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
    IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP
    FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
    IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN
    8/16: hysteroscopy for polyp removal
    11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another polyp removal
    FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 845= BFP
    u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13...

• Options
    I think a handwritten note would be best.
  • Options
    I would definitely send a handwritten note
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished a round of interviewing and would have found receiving an email a little too informal.  I like the typed up thank-you letters.  One applicant sent me a cutesy thank you card and it sort of made me question her maturity.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    I prefer emails.  In legal hiring we do tons of short interviews during the hiring season and many times decisions are made same day, a card comes too late to matter and an email is quick and easy to respond to if there is any necessary follow up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"