Parenting after a Loss
Options

Question for my fellow 2u2s!

Do you ever worry if you'll be able to handle 2u2?  On the one hand, I know that everyone told me having a baby would be the hardest thing ever and a lot of work, but they act like it's something I would hate doing.  I love being a mom and I love DS, so yes, while it's hard, it's not as "bad" as I expected (as everyone made it out to be).  Which leads me to believe that while everyone says 2u2 is insane amounts of work, I'll still be ok.  On the other hand, I worry that I might not be ok and that I'll kind-of regret it.  Please tell me I'm not alone, or at least that I'm not a total freak! 
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Question for my fellow 2u2s!

• Options
    I think if I really thought about what it will be like early on then I would freak out (like when LO cried for no reason from 2-8 weeks old).  Soooo, I'm choosing to live in denial and think that it wont' be much harder then it is now :)  :::::drifts off to think of puppies and rainbows:::::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Um, yeah, all the freaking time.  I will say that I am less scared as time goes by, because even when we have bad days, I feel like I know a tiny bit more about what I'm doing.  But 2u2?  Mine will almost be Irish twins.  I will have two BABIES.  Not even a baby and a toddler, you know?  Uh oh, starting to freak out again.  ::runs off to read another thread::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No I don't worry about it. I have a friend that has 2u2 and she says at times it's stressful but still the best decision they ever made. I'm getting more and more excited every day that Emme will have a playmate and a close brother or sister that she'll grow up with!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think what I worry most about is finding time for DH and I and finding time for myself. Right now Cora goes to bed and DH and I have time together but that will be hard with the crappy newborn sleep. I also assume it will be harder to get out for date nights and a girls night.I hear people on the 2u2 board say its a harder transition going from no kids to one than one kid to two.
  • Options

First, try not to dwell on the regretting it part. It is what it is now, you are going to be a mommy of 2u2, there's no sense in focusing on that part or you may come to resent the new baby and that won't help things! (Trust me!)

Secondly, you'll be fine. It's hard, tiring, frustrating, emotionally trying, but of course very exciting and sweet and rewarding to have them so close together. I had a really hard time at first because I love my first daughter and have such a hard time emotionally when I have to spend less energy on her and more on her baby sister. Now that they are interacting and DD1 is DD2's favorite person in the whole world, things are getting easier.

Third, you aren't crazy. Everyone who finds themselves in this situation, either on purpose or by surprise, panics. It's not easy. It's not always fun. And it's certainly twice the work and exhaustion. But it's twice all the good stuff too. And the time with the second one seems to go a LOT faster than with the first, so the sleepless nights/colic/etc seems to go by a lot faster too, which is a huge perk! GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"