Pregnant after IF
Options

panicking :(

I just had my 9 week ultrasound with a new OB/GYN-it was my first appt. with the regular OB since I was released from the RE-baby looks great-she/he was swimming around like crazy-had a wonderful heartbeat.  I could see definite arms and legs.  Since I was a new patient, she gave me a full exam. 

Trouble is, when she was examining me and brushed my cervix ever so lightly, I started bleeding heavily.  She felt terrible for making me bleed, and quickly did another ultrasound to check the baby and all still looked A-OK.  She assured me the baby is fine-the bleeding was strictly from the sensitive cervix.  But I can't help but freak out. 

I just got in to work, went to the bathroom and the toilet had blood in it again.  I am going to watch it throughout the day, but I am so nervous.  My next ultrasound isn't for another 3 weeks.  I really hope the bleeding stops soon to ease my mind. Huh?

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: panicking :(

• Options
    That sucks. I'm so sorry that happened. Can you take the afternoon off and rest with your feet up?
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options

Your cervix is extra vascular during pregnancy, so bleeding can happen easily. I bled having sex at 6 weeks and it was because of my cervix. The bleeding lasted for a day, then the following day I spotted brown, and then it completely stopped. My OB told me it was normal. 

If you are concerned give a call in to your doctor, but I am sure all is fine!  

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i thought you were going to Dr Back. Who did your exam?

I would call and ask to be seen again in a few days, if you're still bleeding. For peace of mind.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Genna I ended up switching yet again to a new office, one that my RE recommended and that they work closely with (Healthy Woman USA in Freehold)  Have you heard of them?  I hope you're not mad!  Tongue Tied I really liked it there, and I know the bleeding only happened because of sensitivity to the cervix. But it still freaked me out.  It actually has stopped and only a little bit is there when I wipe--I guess because I haven't seen blood in so long and I panicked.  I just called-she (Dr. Pacana) told me to abstain for 72 hours just in case, and to call back if it hasn't stopped by this evening.  But I think I'm in the clear!  I guess I panicked too soon, since it's the first time seeing blood in a while.   I think I'll be okay!  Yikes....

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Options

Oh gosh - that sounds scary.

Your baby is totally fine hon :)

Sending tons of T&Ps that the bleeding stops soon. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"