Parenting after a Loss

Stupid, hormone-driven vent

My co-worker has a much sweeter deal than me and gets a bunch more vacation time than I do.  She's been here longer, so whatever I guess.  But anyway, she's obsessed with plants and gardening and such and has a whole slew of plants in the office.  I like plants but am the opposite of a green-thumb and have killed every plant I've ever had in my possession because I simply don't think about watering them.  I generally dislike keeping up on plants.  Well, now my co-worker is taking a crap ton of vacation over the summer and she is after me to keep up with her plants.  That sounds small and stupid, I know, but three of these plants are rather large and require a lot of water, which means I have to make at least three trips back and forth to the kitchen on the other end of the office with the milk jug to get water 2 or 3 times a week.  Ugh, I know this is just hormones, but I'm super annoyed by this whole situation right now.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Stupid, hormone-driven vent

• You can always say no.  Just make a joke of it and tell her that if she wants to come back to a plant filled office, don't leave you in charge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejnealet:
    You can always say no.  Just make a joke of it and tell her that if she wants to come back to a plant filled office, don't leave you in charge.

That's what I'd do. You could hint that they have plant watering services that she can hire if she wants to keep them alive.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Tell her there is a fee as you would be taking on a new job as a gardener.  Haha, I dunno.  I'd probably just tell her no.
    EDD: 01/08/10, Born 8 weeks early on 11/16/09 at 32w3d due to pre-eclampsia and partial abruption
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Our Family Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"