Northern California Babies

XP from 9-12 months board: Bay area hospitals

I don't post here very often, so I hope you don't mind me asking a question.  And a question for my friend for that matter. 

She is 17 weeks and is moving to the Berkeley Area and trying to find a new OB and hospital to have her baby.  If any of you have a recommendation that would be really great.  She would like to be able to have a midwife, if possible.  If you have a recommendation can you give a quick overview of the hospital - great staff, private post-partum room, bad food, etc. 

Any info you have would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!

Re: XP from 9-12 months board: Bay area hospitals

• CelynCelyn member
    If she wants a midwife, Alta Bates and Kaiser are her options.  I have a few midwifes at Alta Bates that I don't recommend, but I'd rather do that off the board.  You can send a PM or email me (teri@harmonydoula.com), if you like.
  • Celyn - thanks, I sent you an email!
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Alta Bates and had a great experience.  The birthing room was huge and had a great couch for DH to sleep on ( I was in there for 50 hours).  The nursing staff was all very friendly.  I can't recommend a Dr. from that area as I traveled a bit to deliver there.  PM me if you need any more info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"