Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Late Loss/Stillbirth/Infant Loss Check-in

If you would like to be added to this list, please private message me with your information (see format in listings below).  Thanks.

1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go? (Please send me a PM if your info needs to be added or updated.)

2.  Any updates/how are you feeling? 

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  Thanks, Maggs.

4.  Any suggestions for questions you'd like to ask the group?

These are the groups that I've divided them into, in alphabetical order. Some losses are listed in more than one category: Cervix issues, Chromosomal disorders/trisomy, Cord issues, Downs Syndrome, Heart defects, HELLP, Infant loss, infection, Kidney issues/Potters sequence,  miscellaneous, Organ issues, placenta issues, pre-eclampsia, Spinal bifida/brain/neural tube defects, stillbirth, tripoidy, Turners Syndrome, twin loss, unknown reasons.

Cervix issues

Nest Name: bride2003
Angel Info: Steven Joseph delivered at home at 19 weeks on April 10, 2007 due to cervical problems unknown until day of delivery.  August 2007 I traveled to Chicago to have TAC (transabdominal cerclage) permanently placed around my cervix to fix the problem.  M/C February 10, 2008 at 6.5 weeks.

Nest Name: Di&Roddy
Angel Info: Rachel Marie was born August 20, 2006, at 20w3d, as a result of an incompetent cervix.
SAL: Hayden McKenna

Nest Name: lauracg (formerly lmwVA)
Angel Info: Baby angel Mary was born on March 8, 2007 ~ 22 weeks due to blood clot and placental abruption.  M/C February 16, 2008 ~ 9 weeks.  Baby angel Richard was born September 27, 2008 ~ 20 weeks as a result of an incompetent cervix.

Nest Name: whitedress
Angel Info: I lost my first DD (Jenna Nicole) at 24 weeks due to pprom and lost my 3rd child despite a cercleage at 12 weeks, water broke at 18 weeks and the baby was born the next day.
SAL: I got pregnant 3 mo. after my first loss, cercleage, over a month of hospital bedrest, ptl, strict home bedrest, p-17 shots, peri twice a week, OB once a week... water leaking at 30 weeks, miracle baby at 33.6 weeks.

Nest Name: imyanda21
Angel Info: Gabrielle was 20w4d, she became and angel because of an incompetent cervix.

Nest Name: loverswife
Angel info: Baby Erick left us on May 22 2004 at 19 weeks due to an undiagnosed incompetent cervix.
Baby Christian left us on  December 7, 2005  at 21 weeks due to incompetent cervix. I am currently TTC!! I am optimistic and will never give up on being a mother!!!

Nest Name: Echloe
Angel Info: My baby girl Lydia Rose born sleeping at 21w2d due to incompetent cervix on April 26th 2009

Nest Name: SoHappy24
Angel Info: Baby boy born at 15w2d on April 18, 2009 due to an incompetent cervix.

Nest Name: reedejadestiny
Angel Info: Justice Damoni Lynch was born january 11, 2010 at 18 6/7 weeks, my baby girl surviverd 1 1/2 hours after delivery, she was 9.6 oz and 11inches long. I had her due to an incompetent cervix, that i didnt know i had because this was my first pregnancy. I was hospitalized and my bag was bulging it didnt go back down instead it came out even more, and i was forced to be induced. My husband are dealing with it on a day by day basis, but the best thing is out of all this is that I'm somebody's mother:)

Nest Name: leneae10
Angel Info: Our twin boys, Jonah Harrison and Noah Daniel, were born at 17w4d and 18w2d due to IC in February 2010. An emergency cerclage was attempted to save Noah, but infection was present, so we lost both of our perfect boys.  They were each baptized at birth and we have the extra assurance that they are safe in heaven.  Our God-given faith in Christ has undoubtedly gotten us through this awful time.

Nest Name: greenclown

Angel Info: DD Jillian delivered at 24 weeks, 3 days on December 5, 2009 due to PPROM because of unknown incompetent cervix.  Jillian passed away 4 days later.

https://afterjillian.com

Nest Name: jerriesgirl
Angel Info: Jillian was born at 18 weeks on March 30, 2010 due to incompetent cervix (unknown until now since it was first pregnancy).  Since it was so early, she didn't survive, but her heartbeat was strong up until the moment she was delivered. 

Chromosome issues/Trisomy

Nest Name:JennyTom
Real Name(optional)Jennifer
Angel info: BFP 2/13/08 - Terminated due to T21 4/24/08  Alia Jane
                  BFP 3/2/09  - Found out at 20 week appt there was no heartbeat.  Induced and delivered after 60 hours on 6/27/09.  Ella Patrice
                  BFP 9/8/09 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/14/09

Nest Name: CoriNGreg06
Angel Info: Lost sweet baby girl November 2006at 17w3ddue to trisomy 18, and a big hole in her heart. Natural M/C March 2008, Blighted Ovum July 2007
SAL: Ava Claire, born April 17, 2008.
SAL: Currently PG and expecting in November 2009.

Nest Name: vml14
Angel Info: Valerie Ann was born too early at 21 weeks on May 28, 2008.  She had Trisomy 18.
SAL: Alexa Marie was born in September 2009.

Nest Name: rcote13
Angel Info: our baby was lost to us on june 22, 2009.  he had holoprosencephaly due to trisomy 13.  we were 22 weeks pg and had a D&E.  we couldn't bring ourselves to name him.  not that we didn't love him as a person, but it was too painful to remind us of all the potentials that were lost. 

Nest Name: AB&TB (formerly tinablatchford while pg with my first)
Angel Info: Our son was confirmed missed M/C at 18w2d.  He passed due to a ringed 18th chromosome.  Chemical pregnancy 5/09.
SAL: Lincoln Christopher, born July 19, 2008. Currently pregnant and due in March 2010

Nest Name: outofcntrl82
Angel Info: Baby boy had a very rare chromosomal disorder ? a partial deletion on chromosome 21 as well as a partial trisomy of chromosome 4 attached to chromosome 21.  Our baby died on March 24, 2008 and was delivered on March 26.

Nest Name: matkinson08

Angel info:  John Matthew was born Feb 26, '09 with DiGeorge Syndrome (micro deletion of the 22 chromosome) that resulted in a severe heart defect, lung issues and immune deficiencies.  We knew about this from my big US but pushed forward and prayed for the best.  He was born healthy, but had many complications following his first heart surgery at 12 days old.  He lived a beautiful 7 months and 2 days before we made the ultimate sacrifice and turned off his life support.  He was everything I never I knew I needed.

Nest Name: gwennythepooh
Angel Info: Our LO was discovered to have passed on at 16 weeks. Our loss was due to a partial molar pregnancy. Our angel had a complete extra set of chromosomes, which was found in the pathology reports after the d&c.

Nest Name:  BeckyRed23

Angel Info:

Caroline Rebecca was born early at 29 weeks on November 16, 2009.  She was diagnosed after birth with Phelan-McDermid Syndrom (Chromosome 22q13.3 deletion syndrom).  She also had 2 heart defects (suspected during US but not confirmed until after birth) which were a hole in the heart and coarctation of the aorta.  She became an angel in heaven on December 1, 2009 during a minor procedure.

Nest Name: LauraLovesJon

Angel Info: Elijah Alexander was born on April 25, 2010 and lived for twelve hours. He had Trisomy 13 along with several physical and internal defects. He simply stopped breathing and passed away peacefully.

Bump Name: catngar77
Real Name: Catalina                                                                                                                                  Angel Info: Interrupted pregnancy at 13 weeks after NT scan detected holoprosecephaly and cystic hygroma. CVS came back positive for Trisomy 18.  Our baby boy, RJ, was our first child.  We miss him so much.

Cord Issues

Nest Name: stacey2005
Angel Info: Spencer Allen, March 8, 2007, at 17w5d.  We believe it was a cord accident.

Nest Name: BeachBride72106
Angel Info: Wyatt George was stillborn May 11, 2008 at 32 weeks.  We think it was a cord accident.  We have since learned that I am heterozygous Factor V Leiden.
SAL: September 11, Wesley David, 10lbs. 1 oz.

Nest Name: Copswife05
Angel Info: I was 39 weeks when we lost our baby boy, James Andrew on November 26, 2008, due to a true knot in this umbilical cord.  He was delivered by c-section weighing 9lbs 10oz. and 22 inches.

Nest Name: Chris'sgrl
Angel Info: We lost our beautiful girl Kaitlyn Rose on January 17, 2009 at 24 weeks.  The MW was unable to find a heartbeat at our appointment and 2 u/s confirmed that baby had passed away.  I was induced the following day and day after that, I gave birth to Kaitlyn.  At this point the OB believes that it was due to velamentous cord insertion.

Nest Name: sydney0928
Angel Info: Ava was born still on July 30, 2009. On July 26 we went to the hospital due to lack of movement. Her heart had already stopped beating. I was induced and labored for almost 4 days. She was born at 5 am, weighed 3 lbs 13 oz, and was 17 inches long. She was beautiful with lots of dark hair. We don't know the cause of her death, possibly a cord accident. Found out I have an Antithrombin deficiency, but doctors think it did not affect my pregnancy. 

Nest Name: Elybride
Angel Info: I went in for my regular prenatal appointment at 19 1/2 weeks looking forward to scheduling our "big ultrasound" for the following week where we would find out what the baby was.  Unfortunately my doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat and an ultrasound confirmed our worst fears that they baby was no longer with us.  I was induced and our beautiful baby girl, Brady Marie, was born on 4/10/09.  All of the tests have come back showing everything was fine and she had no chromosomal abnormalities.  My doctor did say that her cord was wrapped twice around her neck & 3 times around her arm so this may or may not have been what caused her death.  We also had 2 m/c one on 7/3/06 and one this past summer on 8/1/08.
SAL: Blake born August 2007.

Nest Name: Lewis514
Angel Info: I was pregnant with twin girls. At our BPP on April 8th (36w5d), they noticed cord resistance with our Baby Chloe. We went in for an induction that night and lost baby Chloe about 8 hours into induction; her HR just disappeared off the monitor and never returned. Her body and cord did not have the reserves to tolerate labor, leading all to feel that there was an underlying issue that could not be detected.   We then had a c section and our Kira was born at 6 lbs 1 oz. Chloe was born 3 minutes later at 4 lbs 10 oz. Our true belief is that Chloe struggled and held on for as long as she could to get Kira to 37 weeks and give her the best chance possible and keep her out of the NICU.

Nest Name: shihtzumomma
Angel Info: On February 4, 2009 we went for our 20 week u/s.  They found not heartbeat (we heard a perfect heartbeat 2 weeks before).  I was induced on February 6th and our son Dylan Thomas was born on February 7, 2009 at 10:20 pm.  I was exactly 21 weeks the day of delivery.  He passed away from a twisted umbilical cord.

Nest name:  lisamarie04

Angel info:  Daren born sleeping on 6/29/09 because of a cord accident at 36 weeks after a completely healthy/normal pregnancy.  I noticed that he hadn't been moving and we went to the hospital to learn that he no longer had a heartbeat.  The cord was wrapped tightly around his neck twice.

Currently pregnant and due in Oct 2010.

Name: Amjra

Our sweet identical twin girls passed at 23w5d due to suspected cord compression - as a complication from being in the same amniotic sac - monoamniotic / monochrionic twin pregnancy.  No known cause, no cure.  Many survive, many more do not.   We where hopeful that they would be delivered at 32 weeks.

Name: magdalina.h

Angel info:  We went to our regular appointment at 28 weeks 4 days on 2/1/10.  I was already scheduled to have an ultrasound because he was too wiggly at the big u/s. Aidan was measuring about 2 ? weeks behind. I was hooked up to a monitor after drinking the glucola. He wasn?t active enough and they weren?t impressed with his heart rate. I was wheeled to the maternity ward where a high risk ob did two more u/s. They found out that my cord had reverse flow. They gave me the first shot to help Aidan?s lungs and were going to have me stay on hospital bed rest. When they did the third u/s they saw the cord was wrapped around Aidan?s neck twice and he was showing signs of stress. I had an emergency c/s and Aidan Christopher was born at 4:44pm. The next day we found out that there was a severe bleed in his brain. Aidan fought for 8 days before the damage from the bleed caused his organs to shut down. We took him off the machines and he went to Heaven on his daddy?s birthday, 2/9/10.

www.mhchlittleh.blogspot.com

Bump Name: elbandas09

Angel Info: Lila Pearl was born still at 37wks. on April 29. They said that the cord was tight around her and that it was a cord accident and not preventable. Its just a freak accident.

Nest Name: Tarheel522
Angel Info: On 5/22/2010, Jordan Christian was born still at 30 weeks.  There were blood clots in the placenta, the cord was attached to the side of the placenta, and the cord was also calcified.

Nest Name: tlcW0714
Angel Info: Keely Gale was born still at 40 weeks on 3/31/10. The pathology report showed two large blood clots and Velamentous Insertion of the Cord

Downs Syndrome

Nest Name: A&J06
Angel Info: Her heart stopped beating at 23 weeks May 6th, 2008.  She was diagnosed with down syndrome, echogenic heart, lungs, and bowel.
SAL: Currently PG and expecting in July 2009.

Nest Name: baughnfire
Angel Info: I had a D&E on August 8, 2008.  I was 19w4d along, baby died around 18 weeks.  Baby had Down Syndrome and we chose not to find out the sex.
SAL: Currently PG and expecting in October 2009.

Heart defects

Nest Name: DNK777
Angel Info: Joshua David (JD) was born still January 2, 2004 due to a heart defect.  We found out about the heart defect at 22 weeks, lost him at 23 weeks, and found out and was induced at 24 weeks.  We started ttc again in December 2005.  We went on to have 2 early m/cs in October 2007 and May 2008.
SAL: Lilliana Jean was born April 4, 2009 and is doing great.

Nest Name: Mommy2anangel (formerly amykbride)
Angel Info: Nathaniel Martin born still at 21w5d on June 22, 2007.  He was diagnosed at our 20 week U/S with Giant Omphalocele (abdominal wall defect) and a heart defect.  M/C at 7w4d in January 2007.
SAL: Natalie Grace, born January 21, 2009

Nest Name: mmsgal
Angel Info: Abigail Rose was born July 19, 2007 and lived 20 hours on complete life support before passing away July 20.  She had HLPS (hypoplastic left heart syndrome) and many other small defects.
SAL: Oliver born June 2008.

Nest Name:  julesverne
Angel Info: Jack Steward was born at 34 weeks January 16, 2008.  He died January 25 due to complications of having Ebstein?s Anomaly (heart defect).
SAL: Olivia was born October, 12, 2009

Nest Name: A&J06
Angel Info: Her heart stopped beating at 23 weeks May 6th, 2008.  She was diagnosed with down syndrome, echogenic heart, lungs, and bowel.
SAL: Currently PG and expecting in July 2009.

Nest Name: twinkletoes815

Angel Info: We lost our precious girl, Claire, after 79 days here on earth.  During pregnancy, it was discovered she had a multitude of congenital heart defects, including Double-Outlet Right Ventricle, Hypoplastic Left Ventricle, and VSD/ASD.  Later around 33wks, she was found to only have her left kidney.  She was born Sept 9, 2009 and passed Dec 8, 2009 in her mommy's arms.  She touched so many people that she never even met.  Claire will be forever missed and loved.

Nest Name: Buckets of Moonbeams
Angel Info:  Max Thomas was found to have Tetralogy of Fallot in addition to Hypoplastic Ventricles caused by a complete Pulmonary Atresia on March 9, 2010.  He didn't have a chance for life outside the womb, so we terminated our beloved son at 22 weeks.  He was delivered sleeping on March 14, 2010. 

HELLP Syndrome

Nest Name: sGuitaristsGirl
Angel Info: I developed sever HELLP Syndrome, and delivered twins, a boy and a girl, on November 12, 2008 at 19w4d.

Nest Name: tryingforbabyL
Angel info:  Hope was born on July 1, 2009 at 22 weeks due to severe preeclampsia and HELLP.  By my LMP/charting I should have been about 24 weeks, but Hope measured amall the entire pregnancy.  Hope survived almost 2 hours. 

Nest Name: Cruisebride1208
Angel Info: On 6.8.09 our little fighter Nolan Michael was born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks and 1 day due to Pre-E and HELLP. He was diagnosed with severe IUGR at 20 weeks. He was 13oz and 10.5inches. He fought for 3 days in the NICU and had to give up his fight to go to Heaven. My case has baffled Dr's and we are still waiting for answers. To read Nolan's story, visit www.rubybaby09.blogspot.com

Infant loss

Nest Name: Mia07
Angel Info: We lost our precious daughter, Sophia Elaine, at 4months old to SIDS January 7, 2009 on my 2nd day back at work, her 2nd day at daycare. She was born September 4, 2008.

Nest Name: Babes12
Angel Info: Wyatt Alexander was born via emergency c/s (breech) on June 13th 2009 at 4:53am, weight 3lbs9oz and 15in.  had abnormal blood work during the sequential screen (1/180 risk of down syndrome) no markers were found during level II u/s.  went for level II growth u/s at 32wk and was admitted to hospital due to low amniotic fluid, only there 2 days when I went into labor.  Wyatt had many issues, a right lung that wouldn't inflate, a punctured left lung, trachia/esophogus not attached and many other little complications.  Sadly while nurses were adjusting his breathing tubes he coded and never came back.  he passed away on June 14 2009 @ 12:22am.  Cause of all his issues is still unknown, waiting for results of skin biopsy.

Nest Name: matkinson08

Angel info:  John Matthew was born Feb 26, '09 with DiGeorge Syndrome (micro deletion of the 22 chromosome) that resulted in a severe heart defect, lung issues and immune deficiencies.  We knew about this from my big US but pushed forward and prayed for the best.  He was born healthy, but had many complications following his first heart surgery at 12 days old.  He lived a beautiful 7 months and 2 days before we made the ultimate sacrifice and turned off his life support.  He was everything I never I knew I needed.

Nest Name: twinkletoes815

Angel Info: We lost our precious girl, Claire, after 79 days here on earth.  During pregnancy, it was discovered she had a multitude of congenital heart defects, including Double-Outlet Right Ventricle, Hypoplastic Left Ventricle, and VSD/ASD.  Later around 33wks, she was found to only have her left kidney.  She was born Sept 9, 2009 and passed Dec 8, 2009 in her mommy's arms.  She touched so many people that she never even met.  Claire will be forever missed and loved.

Nest Name:  Liz415
Angel Info:  We lost our baby girl, Molly Marie, on December 29, 2009 while she was at daycare.  We are still awaiting the official autopsy results but SIDS is suspected.  She was 4 months and 24 days old.   Our wee lovebug. 

Bump name: lisa512
Angel Info: Our daughter, Cassidy was born, by induction, then C-section at about 35 weeks on May 12, 2009.  I had pre-eclampsia but only for about 1 week and no other pregnancy problems.  She stayed in the NICU for about 1 month, most significant problem was learning to suck, swallow and breathe while eating.  Drs. saw a heart murmur and we followed up with cardiologist 2 weeks later.  Cardiologist found ASD and VSD (holes in heart.)  We were preparing for her to have heart surgery when she was 6 months or a year and had the prospect of a long life.  At about 3 months of age, returned to hospital with suspected dehydration. Went into PICU, on ventilator as a precaution.  Kept having breathing trouble, pulse oxygen level would dramatically drop and then eventually get better.  Developed many infections while in the hospital. Had 4 code blue episodes.  Eventually put on another type of ventilator.  Taken off of life support and died August 26, 2009.  through autopsy it was found she had Complete Atypical DiGeorge syndrome.  Besides heart issues she was born without a thymus and could not fight any germs.  Had previously been tested for genetic disorders, but none were found.  The type of disorder she had has never shown up again in siblings or other relatives.

We are pregnant now and our C-section date is this Friday, June 4, 2010. 

Infection

Nest Name:CarrieLeigh84
Real name is Carrie
Angel Info: Our darling angel was born at 23w6d on Sept 22, 2008. I lost her due to an infection of the amniotic sac, or at least that's my dr's best guess. Currently trying to have another, however I recently discovered that I'm not ovulating.

Nest Name: goruncole
Angel Info: Cole, lost at 17 weeks on March 27, 2009  and Cate lost at 19 weeks, April 11, 2009  due to ecoli infection. 

Nest Name: Cowgirl
Angel Info: Grace Amber born March 24, 2009 due to uterine infection, water broke at 18 wks and she was born after 10 hours of labor.  She lived for 4 1/2 short hours but will always be remembered in our hearts.
SAL: Current pregnant and due in August 2010.

Nest Name: betizzle73:

Angel Info: Olivia Margaret, 11/20/2009 - 11/23/2009. Went in for my 34 week appt. and my fundal measurement was the same as it had been at my 32 week appt, so my OB told me to go for a growth US. WIthin minutes, the ultrasound tech ran to get the perinatologist. She rushed me to L&D, and performed an emergency c-section. Olivia had fluid around her heart, her blood was not clotting and she had extensive bleeding in and around her brain. My OB, the neonatologist, and perinatologist are all in agreement that I/we somehow contracted a viral infection - they are not sure which kind or how it happened. They kept her alive for 3 days, and she made great progress in ALL other areas - she was almost breathing on her own! But a brain scan showed that the bleeding in her brain was becoming more severe and was to the point of EXTREME mental retardation. They told us that Livie would not have a quality of life at all, and IF she survived, she wouldn't ever know who we were and we probably wouldn't be able to care for her. We chose to remove her from her breathing tube that evening. https://www.betsykurtandolivia.blogspot.com

Nest Name: butterfly843
Angel info: at 18 weeks 4days I began leaking amniotic fluid from twin a, went to the hospital where they monitored me the leaking stopped and I was going to be sent home on bed rest in a few days. At exactly 19 weeks (the day I was suppose to go home) I went into labor and they couldn't stop it. Zachary and Madison were born shortly after that on november 13th, 2009. They think my cervix opened from the weight of carrying 2 babies and I got an infection.

Nest name:  JaxMom1
Angel info:  Bodie James was born sleeping 12/26/07 at 27 weeks because of a CMV (cytomegalovirus) infection. In his honor we march with the March of Dimes March for Babies in May under Team Bodie. 

Nest name: Sunflower730
Angel info:
I lost my twins at 23 weeks 1 & 2 days.  I believe the reason was due to infection, and caused my cervix to dialte 4cm. My daughter Avery was infected and due to the cervix opening I had to deliver the other twin Alex.

Nest Name: Nina&Matt
Angel Info: Liliana (Lily) Born Still at 21w5d on March 27,2010. Due to Infection and Preterm Labor
After 4 years of infertility (PCOS), we conceived our miracle baby using Gonal F injects and TI. The pregnancy had been picture perfect, with the exception of nasty respiratory issues since 14w. At 21w I felt pubic pain that came and went, the first pains were in 10 min intervals and then they were sporadic. The Ob dismissed them as severe RLP. The next night the pains were worse but not in a pattern, and let up after loose stools(TMI sorry). I called the OB in the morning, the nurse said "Drink lots of water, and relax". That night the pains were all around my stomach and pubic bone, and I called OB who said "He was sure I was ok, but if I wanted to go to L&D to make sure it would be ok with him". So I took off to the ER and when I got there I was dialted to 6, bulging membranes, and had infection. I delivered Liliana 3 days later, after trying to stop labor, and amnio to check for intrauterine infection. The placenta pathology reports showed chorioamnioitis, chorionic villitis, and villous edema. Ultimately the OB claims incompentent cervix. I disagreed, my RE and the MFM, who helped deliver my daughter, also agree that this was preterm labor. However, we can't be sure if infection was the cause of the ptl or if I developed an infection because I was in labor for 3 days. Either way the ultimate reason why my daughter could not be saved was because of the infection.

Kidney issues/Potters Sequence

Nest Name: Hemb
Angel Info: Our daughter, Hailee Eileen was born on July 8, 2008 @ 21w3d due to bilateral renal agenisis.

Nest Name: JEOZ
Angel info:  Mia Elizabeth was born on August 19, 2008 at 36 weeks.  She died 31 hours later on August 20.  She died from lung complications which was due to Autosommal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease.
SAL: Currently PG and expecting in December 2009.

Nest Name: MrsSummitCounty
Angel Info: At our gender ultrasound, it was discovered that our baby had classic Potters sequence (also known as bilateral renal agenesis--no amniotic fluid, no kidneys, no bladder, etc). The condition isn't genetic, preventable, or treatable and totally fatal. We decided to let her go rather than die constricted in a uterus that could not expand. On Aug. 29, 2009 we had a beautiful, peaceful little girl that we named Jude. www.whatsleftthereslife.blogspot.com

Nest Name: CRS30
Angel Info: My husband and I were told on Thursday 4/2/2009 that our baby most likely had autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease due to the fact that upon my 26 week appt I told the doctor I didn't have a lot of movement. She had me go for an ultrasound to be sure all was ok and I could barely see her on the screen which meant I had very little amniotic fluid. We went to see a High Risk OB in Boston the next morning and she confirmed everything. I delivered her to heaven a week later on 4/10/2009.

Nest Name: ToraDales
Angel Info: Stryker was born on October 9, 2007 at 37 weeks, his kidneys weren?t working and they were 3 times the size they should have been, because of that his lungs did not have the room they needed to grow.

Nest Name: Mrs.Kristen

Angel Info: Was sent after my 19 week appointment for a high resolution U/S because the doctor couldn't see everything. Found out at the stage 2 U/S our baby had only 3cm of amniotic fluid and only one kidney and it was covered in cysts.We made the decision to give birth to her at 22 weeks once we knew for sure that this was going to be fatal to her. Jo-Ann Sophia was born sleeping.

Miscellaneous

Nest Name: roxyttandme
Angel Info: We found out our daughter had amnotic band syndrome at 23w 5d and all four limbs were affected. The bands were so band - they were nautally amputating her leg(s). Instead of allowing our loved daughter to endure that suffering and pain, I had a KLC and terminated the pregnancy. I was induced the next day, had a placental abruption and bled out. The baby was born and I recovered. She passed away on Thursday, August 13th, 2009- and was born the next day.

Nest Name: krate24
Angel Info: Heather Ann was born January 26, 2009 at 27w2d.  She was stillborn.  Still waiting for the results of the placental pathology and autopsy.  Not sure what caused this, but I had severe IUGR, the placenta was full of blood clots, amniotic fluid was almost non-existent by the end, and there were anomalies with the blood flow in the cord/baby.  Discovered uterine septum that probably caused most, if not all, of the issues.

Nest Name: jleedy
Angel Info: Delane was on March 10,2009.  We were able to spend 3 short hours with him before he went on to become and angel.  Doctors believe he had a rare disorder called Prune Belly Syndrome, which has no known cause and was what they called "a fluke."

Nest Name: mmcrocker
Angel Info: Discovered M/C of Baby Crocker at 18w1d due to Protein S Deficiency.
SAL: Taylor, April 2009.

Nest Name: ECUpirate04
Angel Info: Our daughter Megan Grace was born 6/29/2009 and lived 10 short minutes before going to take her spot as an angel in Heaven.  We are so very proud of her. Diagnosed with osteogenesis Type 2 (brittle bone disease) which is a form of skeletal dysplasia (which is a form of dwarfism.)

Nest name: mamg
Angel Info: Grace, born still December 10, 2009 at 20 weeks. Her heart failed after fighting a sacrococcygeal teratoma (tumor on the tailbone). The tumor drew too much blood and her heart couldn't maintain her body. She was beautiful and much loved.
SAL: I have a daughter, Lily, born in June 2007.

Organ defects

Nest Name: Coolteacher79
Angel Info: Isaac Timothy was born at 36w2d on October 7, 2008.  He lived for 16 minutes before doing home to be with Jesus.  His diagnosis is a rare sequence of giant omphalocele, kyphoscoliosis, and hypoplastic lungs.  M/C in October 2007.

Nest Name: 3ltlones
Angel Info:
- We lost one baby at 8 weeks July 16, 2006
- We lost our daughter, Zoe Eliana at 16 weeks 4 days.  I went in for a routine appt and found that there was no longer a heartbeat.  I had a D&E and we lost our little girl on May 19, 2009, the pathology report came back no chromosone abnormalaties, but it looked as though her organs were too small for her little body.
- BFP 8/12/09 pregnancy started out with two sacs, first u/s showed no heartbeats, second u/s showed one heartbeat and the other sac had no heartbeat, also showed a subchronic hemorrhage, 3rd u/s showed there was no longer a heartbeat in either sac, natural miscarriage at 7wks 4days 9/13/09. https://mommylifeandthree.blogspot.com
/

Nest Name: jasonsgirl78
Real Name Amanda
I delivered my baby girl, Avery Lee Faith, at 23w4d due to lymphangioma that went from inside her mouth down to her chest, inside her chest, on top of her heart, and down and under her right lung, causing her lungs to fill with fluid and not develop adequately.

Placenta abruption/previa

Nest Name: lauracg (formerly lmwVA)
Angel Info: Baby angel Mary was born on March 8, 2007 ~ 22 weeks due to blood clot and placental abruption.  M/C February 16, 2008 ~ 9 weeks.  Baby angel Richard was born September 27, 2008 ~ 20 weeks as a result of an incompetent cervix.

Nest Name: AmberL
Angel Info: Joshua Nicholas was born at 18w3d on December 25, 2007 due to a placental abruption.  M/C 5-19-2004 at 6 weeks. M/C 5/2008.
SAL: Baby Born March 2009.

Nest Name: Nikki731
Angel Info: I delivered my baby girl on March 2, 2008 at 18w5d.  I had placenta previa at 9 weeks.

Nest Name: emdaly
Angel Info: Caroline Rose, heart stopped on March 3, 2008.  I had a D&E on March 5, 2008.  She was 26 weeks but measured 23 weeks due to placental insufficiency.
SAL: Emma Grace, April 2009.

Nest Name: Schmoodle
Angel Info: We lost our twin Doodles at 23w3d.  They were born premature due to a placental abruption on March 25, 2008.
SAL: Judah Michael, June 2009.

Nest Name: irishmama13
Angel Info: Erickson Thomas Gunner born on July 23, 2008 at 31 weeks.  Stillborn due to placental abruption / pre-eclampsia.

Nest Name: GenStarK (formerly GenesisStar)
Angel Info: I gave birth to a handsome little boy named Christian James.  I had a placental abruption at 15w2d.  Christian was born alive and healthy for about 1-2 mins.  They think the reason for the abruption was I have PCOS and it can cause the egg to drop to low and he implanted in a weak/thin area of my uterus.  We had been TTC for 6 years before I got pg and I so proud to be his mommy even though he is in heaven.  I know he is always by my side protecting me and giving me angel kisses.
SAL: Wyatt, born June 2009 at 26 weeks.

Nest Name: beckastar
Angel Info: Gabriella Marie, born at 27 weeks on October 12, 2008 weighing 1lb 1oz due to placental insufficiency and IUGR, passed away on November 27, 2008.

Nest Name: MrsShrek1028
Angel Info: I was pg and McKenzie Lee was born still on 4/15/09 via emergency c-section at 32w6d due to uterine rupture and placental abruption. she weighed in at 4lbs9oz and was 18in long.

Nest Name: jetskreemr
Angel Info: Our sweet Bebe left us last Tuesday, Nov 24, at 22 weeks 5 days. She was born the next day, and we picked up her cremated remains yesterday. I had been fighting preterm labor with bedrest for the week prior, but then my water broke the night before, and she could not make it. It is still too early for a full diagnosis, but based on what happened, the doctors think it was placental abruption.

Nest Name: Emko0210

Angel Info: Lilah Eve was born still on December 2, 2009 at 8:01pm (28 weeks, 3 days). On December 1st we went to the hospital due to lack of movement. They could not find a heart beat.  I was induced and in labor for about 24 hrs.  Lilah weighed 2 lbs, 11oz and was 16 inches long.  We are still awaiting autopsy results, but they suspect there was an issue with the placenta.

Nest Name:  Allybaby85
Angel Info: My husband and I lost our first baby, Lillyan Grace.  As of now the doctors are saying it is from placenta abruption.  I was 33 weeks pregnant when I had severe abdominal pains but dismissed it to Braxton Hicks contractions because I have had bad ones in the past.  I called the doctor the next day and they sent me straight to labor and Delivery.  The couldn't find her heartbeat.  The cramps happened on thursday (6/4/2010) we went to the hospital the next day and she was delivered on Saturday (6-5-2010) at 1:07 pm. she was 17 1/2 inches and 4 pounds 8 1/2 ounces and beautiful! me and my husband miss her dearly and love her so much!. 

Pre-eclampsia (severe)

Nest Name: YukonC
Angel Info: Delivered DD at 19 weeks on June 29, 2007 due to sever pre-eclampsia.  M/C July 2008.
SAL: Alison Leigh, born April 17, 2009

Nest Name: ARCO7
Angel Info: Madelyn Grace stillborn at 22 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. 
Early M/C July 2008 at 5 weeks.
SAL:  Baby boy, May 2009

Nest Name: irishmama13
Angel Info: Erickson Thomas Gunner born on July 23, 2008 at 31 weeks.  Stillborn due to placental abruption / pre-eclampsia.

Nest Name: Delta_Diva
Angel Info: Joshua was stillborn on August 17, 2008 due to me having severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  He was almost 22 weeks.
SAL: Healthy baby girl on August 7th, 2009, Olivia Rose.

Nest Name: tryingforbabyL
Angel info:  Hope was born on July 1, 2009 at 22 weeks due to severe preeclampsia and HELLP.  By my LMP/charting I should have been about 24 weeks, but Hope measured amall the entire pregnancy.  Hope survived almost 2 hours. 

Nest Name: Cruisebride1208
Angel Info: On 6.8.09 our little fighter Nolan Michael was born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks and 1 day due to Pre-E and HELLP. He was diagnosed with severe IUGR at 20 weeks. He was 13oz and 10.5inches. He fought for 3 days in the NICU and had to give up his fight to go to Heaven. My case has baffled Dr's and we are still waiting for answers. To read Nolan's story, visit www.rubybaby09.blogspot.com

Nest name: MommaRed83

Angel Info:*Nathan, Miscarriage August 23rd 1997, 18wks; *Madeline, Miscarriage July 23rd 2008, 10wks with D&C; *Alexis Louise and Izabella Lynne Still Born at 23 weeks from severe Pre-eclampcia  (sp) April 13th 2009 with D&C after; *My Little Chalupa Miscarriage August 19th 2009, guessing around 8wks. https://myangelbabies-mommared.blogspot.com/

Preterm Labor:

<p style="margin:0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px;line-height:15.0px;f
JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Late Loss/Stillbirth/Infant Loss Check-in

• 1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go? (Please send me a PM if your info needs to be added or updated.)It will be 7 months next Friday.  The only "milestone" is my birthday coming up on Saturday.  I'm dreading it. 2.  Any updates/how are you feeling?I've been pretty up and down lately.  I guess overall I've been feeling pretty good, but when it's bad, it's very bad.3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  Thanks, Maggs.They only named one of their losses.  I don't like the first name, so I wouldn't use it.  I actually asked my mom what her middle name was after I saw Maggie's question (and subsequently forgot about it, LOL), and I would use that as a middle name.  If we have another daughter, her first name will be Jillian's middle name.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go? (Please send me a PM if your info needs to be added or updated.)

A little over seven months

Pretty good. Kurt and I have both had some very emotional days lately, but I know that's normal.

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  Thanks, Maggs.

Well, my parents' stillborn daughter was named Katie Ann. I just don't really care for either of those names.... I suppose Ann would be okay for a middle name, but I feel like it's just a little bit too common. My parents already gave my other little sister the same middle name in honor of Katie anyway, so I don't feel like I need to. If she had a name that I really really loved, I would consider using it. If we have another daughter, her middle name will be Olivia... if we pick a first name that sounds right with it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    click the button above to read my blog!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go? (Please send me a PM if your info needs to be added or updated.)

Almost 5 months. Tomorrow Aidan would have been turning 5m. Wow. That made me tear up a little.

This entire month has been a big pit of guilt. I feel guilty about everything even though 98% of me knows I did nothing wrong and that I can't hurt Aidan's feelings.

My parent's lost twin boys. They named one after my dad and the other one is named Matthew. We have Matthew Christopher (for MH, not Aidan) on our list for boys.  It's more of a selfish thing that when he grows up I can tell him that he's named after my brother and maybe if he has a boy he'll name him Aidan after his brother.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket

3 months tomorrow. 

Pretty emotional lately, I think it's the whole TTC again ordeal.  Just adding more stress. 

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  Thanks, Maggs. My parents had two early losses, so they never had names, but I might have considered it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

2 months today. My update is my loss is offcially unexplained and we have a son. He was chromosomally perfect. 

I have had a couple of bad days, but overall, I am doing 100% better. 

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  Thanks, Maggs. My parents had two early losses, so they never had names, but I might have considered it. (Ditto this)   My question for us ladies is this. WHEN! we all get pg. again, how will you handle the week or gestational age or infant's age when your LO passed? Will you feel better once that passes or will the fear continue for you after?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • 1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go? (Please send me a PM if your info needs to be added or updated.) 7 weeks and 1 day-no new milestones

2.  Any updates/how are you feeling?  no, no changes really- still having ups and downs.  Had a really hard time on our minivacation the first day, but I did enjoy our second day at the beach last weekend.

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  Thanks, Maggs.  My older sister died before I was born.  She died at 11 mos. from complications of meningitis that she got at four months old.  She was my mom's first child also.  I never thought about naming my child after her before to be honest. I did name Ella (her middle name) after my grandmother (my mom's mother who was like a second mom to me).  I would consider naming another child after her though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

It has been over 3 months. No big milestone, but my EDD is coming up. I am dreading it.

I was doing really well, until I just found out that two of my good friends are expecting. I didn't expect it to hurt so bad.

Ironically enough, Victoria Ann was named after my mom's sister who passed away when she was 7. It has been a little strange to this that there are now two Victoria Ann's in heaven, but I know they are probably good company to each other.

My parent's losses were at 8 weeks and 16 weeks. They never found out the sex of the 16 week baby, so we will pick an orginal name for our next baby.

• 1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go?

Has it really been 10 weeks already? That seems like it was so long ago, yet it wasn't. Milestone would be my cousin giving birth. She was due in August and had her baby last night. I thought I had a whole month to prepare!! I was more worried about the gender.. but it was a boy! *phew* It'll be another milestone when I have to meet him for the first time.

I'm doing better. But i'm still feeling very lonely and have that "homesick" feeling almost daily.

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed? 

I don't know. It's really difficult but I don't think I would. I don't really know how i feel about that. - I should add my parents had no losses.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

3 months, Tuesday will be his due date. Not sure how it will go. The days leading up to it seem to ebb and flow, but I'm having more sad.hard days then I was. I am sure this is the reason. It is hard to think of what you should be doing vs what you are. 

See above. Overall much better and I think good rather then okay. Not sure what the answer will be next week. 

No, But that is b/c my parents loss was earlier and they didn't name them, it was ectopic and my mom had emergency surgery.

we all get pg. again, how will you handle the week or gestational age or infant's age when your LO passed? Will you feel better once that passes or will the fear continue for you after?

I think I will be afraid/worried the entire time. Having been a stat I know that nothing is safe until your baby is born healthy. A friend had a loss at 34 weeks and she said the milestone of his birth/death was the worse and that all milestones during pregnancy were a mixed emotion of relief and fear. Like I made it, but I have more to go. Like little sighs of relief. 

image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • 1.  How long has it been since your loss? Have you passed any milestones and how did it go? (Please send me a PM if your info needs to be added or updated.)  It's been 13 weeks, I should be in my 31st week, wobbling around, complaining about the heat, and feeling Jillian move around.  My baby shower would have been last weekend.  This sucks big time!  I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. 

2.  Any updates/how are you feeling?  Doing okay, but still feel empty. 

3.  If your parents had a loss, would you consider naming your child after your sibling that passed?  My parents had a few losses, but I believe they only named one since he was born and lived some hours.  He was named after my dad and I would name a son after him, but doubt DH is having that. 

My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"