Parenting after 35

**jarbatz**

What is that contraption Miss Brenna is wearing in your siggy pic. At first I thought is was a coat thing and wondered why you had it on her in summer but then I saw on FB that it says something about sleep. Is it a magic sleep suit? If so, does it work?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **jarbatz**

• Laura - I just posted about the last 3 nights of sleeping in the magic sleepsuit!  LOL

I can't say for sure if its magic yet, but Brenna has slept 12+ hours the last 2 nights in it, in her crib.   If this keeps up, I will have no problem calling it magical! :)

Its called Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit. I heard about it on another baby message board site.  It was designed by a mom of 4, who is also a pediatric physical therapist.  It basically looks like a snowsuit, but the hands and feet are open.  It was designed to help transition a baby from the swaddle when they still have the moro reflex.  The weight of the sleepsuit basically muffles the twitches.   I thought it would be too warm but we've kept B's room at about 73 and put her in a onesie or just her diaper and she's been totally fine.  The woman offers a 30 day money back guarantee.  If you call to order it, you will likely talk to her, b/c she runs the business out of her home.  She was SO nice and I've talked with her over email about some questions I had regarding the suit.  Here's the website -   www.magicsleepsuit.com

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, I'll have  to check it out. We tried to put Caroline down with one arm unswaddled last night- complete Fail. She woke up 3 times in an hour <sigh>. I'm going to have to specially make swaddlers for her in kindergarten.

I just worry that the magic sleepsuit would be too hot. It never gets below 75 in her room, even with supplemental air conditioning. We clearly live on the mouth of he!!.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh trust me - we tried swaddling Brenna every which way - one arm out, two arms out, legs out...in the swaddleme, the woombie, the miracleblanket, a regular swaddling blanket and even double swaddling!!   Up until recently, I could eventually get her to settle down and go to sleep.  But this past week, she would not only fight the swaddle, she would wake herself up trying to get out of it.  I just dreaded bedtime and felt horrible wrapping her up.

Does Caroline sleep swaddled at DC?  Brenna does but her naps are shorter there and they tell me she fights it there too.

The outside of the suit is microfleece but the inside is a light cotton so I think that helps keep it cooler too. 

Have you tried room darkening shades?  I think those help keep B's room temp down too. 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been meaning to get some blackout curtains. Maybe after we get back from vacation, I'll investigate the magic suit.

They don't swaddle her at daycare even though I have told them they should about 50 times. As a result she doesn't really sleep at daycare. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"