February 2011 Moms

1st timer

This is my 1st pregnancy and I have NO idea what to expect. Is anyone showing, gaining weight, so exhausted they can't make it to the gym?

....my mind is consumed by being pregnant! My 1st appointment isn't until 7/9 so we've only told our parents thus far, and plan to wait until after the 1st trimester to tell everyone else. I LOVE wine and a good happy hour--or I should say USED to...haven't touched a drink since I found out, so I've been keeping a low-profile because I don't want my friends to question why I'm not consuming and open the can of worms. I also feel like I'm showing. I have had CRAZY cravings mixed with CRAZY morning/noon/night sickness so I feel like I've fluctuated in weight as well.

HELP!

Re: 1st timer

• Congrats and welcome!!

Most woman who are showing right now are showing because of bloat. I believe the general rule is that if this is your first child then you will not show to roughly 12 weeks. If have already had children then it might be even sooner (some have said as early as 5 weeks).

A lot of ladies, including myself, are exhausted. Exhausted to the point I can't figure out my oven(ha!).  I haven't had m/s though but have been queasy enough to get me to run to the bathroom even though nothing happens.

ETA: In regards to showing, it all depends on your body, how your uterus sits and where baby is implanted as well. So no one can tell you for sure. It is just a surprise waitSmile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations and Welcome!   I am not showing per se, but I am very very bloated, and I have gained a few pounds already!!!!  I am usually fine during the day, but as soon as I take a bath and eat dinner and sit my butt on the couch, I fall into a coma!!!!  So tired!!!!!  No nausea yet.  Just remember everyone is different, and every pregnancy is different.   So exciting!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • congrats and welcome!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"