Multiples

Anyone make it to 39 weeks?

I am so depressed.  Just found out my peri moved my due date back 5 days (from July 21st to July 26th).  That will put me at 38 weeks, 6 days.  I am seriously crying- I cannot imagine doing this for another month.  If anyone made it to that point, I'd appreciate any pep talk you can give- I'm really down and feel like I'm at the end of my rope already :( 

Re: Anyone make it to 39 weeks?

• are you going vaginally?

I am scheduled due to one being breech and will be delivering at 38wks exactly. Could I probably make it to 39wks? Probably and would of been the case if I went vaginally.

My body is hurting and its def really uncomfortable at this point and relief...not much of it. Just need to hang in there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not there yet, but my doctor will not induce until I am 39 weeks. I bawled like a baby after my last appointment because I cannot deal with being pregnant for another two weeks, especially when I was on bed rest and meds for PTL for over six weeks. I never thought I would still be pregnant at this point.

I have no pep talk to give you, other than you are not alone! I try to keep myself as busy as possible and take it one day at a time. I'm also trying to enjoy every last minute with DD because I know she won't be an only child much longer. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSMILEYD:

are you going vaginally?

I am scheduled due to one being breech and will be delivering at 38wks exactly. Could I probably make it to 39wks? Probably and would of been the case if I went vaginally.

My body is hurting and its def really uncomfortable at this point and relief...not much of it. Just need to hang in there.

I'm having a scheduled c-section, by choice.  

• I would definitely have a melt down if they pushed my date back...the past couple of days have been rough...my c-section is scheduled @ 38 wks. exact and I feel like that is soooo far away because everything takes so much effort and sleep deprivation does not makes things any better. I feel for you. Hang in there...I need some inspiration. Keep us posted...good luck...
  • Did they explain why? I would be concerned with the whole concern about the placenta deteriorating after 38w with twins. I was induced at 37w6d. I probably *could* have made it another week but I understand why you would rather get those babies out sooner! I was in rough shape at the end.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I probably could have.  We evicted the boys at 38w2d via scheduled c/s with no sign of labor.  My cervix hadn't budged at all.

My OB insisted on delivering the boys during the 38th week due to deterioration of placental function after that.  He wasn't going to let me go to 39w.

If they moved your due date though, wouldn't you still be 38w1d, just on July 26th instead of on July 21st?  Did you mean they moved your delivery date or am I missing something? 

• imageBelleBaby:

I probably could have.  We evicted the boys at 38w2d via scheduled c/s with no sign of labor.  My cervix hadn't budged at all.

My OB insisted on delivering the boys during the 38th week due to deterioration of placental function after that.  He wasn't going to let me go to 39w.

If they moved your due date though, wouldn't you still be 38w1d, just on July 26th instead of on July 21st?  Did you mean they moved your delivery date or am I missing something? 

They moved my delivery date.  Due date is pretty set as I was being monitored by a doctor and they know my ovulation date.  

I am also very concerned about placental deterioration.  

• imageBizEB:
    imageBelleBaby:

I probably could have.  We evicted the boys at 38w2d via scheduled c/s with no sign of labor.  My cervix hadn't budged at all.

They moved my delivery date.  Due date is pretty set as I was being monitored by a doctor and they know my ovulation date.  

I am also very concerned about placental deterioration.  

Ok, that makes sense.  I'd definitely say something.  I only know a few (maybe 2 or 3) people whose OBs let them go beyond the 38th week with multiples.  Not to freak anyone out or anything, but one girl I know went to 40 weeks with twins.  One was nearly 8 lbs. and the other 9 lbs.  They were delivered about 7 hours apart after her moron OB wouldn't do a c/s right away to deliver baby B.  He was an idiot and lucky he didn't cost baby B his life.  Some OBs just aren't experienced enough with multiples to know this stuff.  One thing I learned from being a MoM (especially during pregnancy) was to be my own advocate.  Good luck!

• I'd not be happy either.  They tried to delay my delivery by one day and I nearly came unglued.  Did they indicate why they were pushing back the date of c-section?  And hopefully you will actually go into labor before that and it will be a non-issue!
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • I carried my twins to 40 weeks and delivered them via c-section bc baby A was breech. I wanted the babies to pick their own birthday but my OB and I made a deal as long as the placentas were functioning properly and I continued to do well with my NSTs, he wouldn't pressure me to deliver the babies before my 40-week due date but he wouldn't let me go past 40 weeks. I'm glad I cooked them as long as I did. The u/s measurements were off and my babies were smaller than they estimated. If they were born earlier they would have been less than 6lbs and my goal was to get them to at least 6lbs each.

I'm not gonna lie. I was large and in charge and I felt like I was carrying around a bowling ball, or two, in my pelvis those last few weeks. But I didn't already have a toddler running around and I wasn't working. My job was to lay around like a human veal and make people. I'm sure it would have been a different story if there had been more stress in my life while pg.

Good luck with the rest of your pg.

• People think I'm joking, but I will kill someone if I'm still pregnant in August.  July 31 is 38 weeks exactly, and that's all I've menally budgeted to be pregnant.  No promises what I'll do after that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was induced at 38wks, 5 days. I wanted to go vag but had to convert to a c/s in the end. As hard as it is, try to just listen to your dr. My peri made sure their placentas were doing their jobs (normally, he only goes 38 wks max w/ twins) and i got BPP's 2xs a week. I am so thankful (and proud) I made it as far as I did and brought home 2 healthy girls!

Hang in there! You are doing great!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Make sure they are checking you a couple times a week.  I'm scheduled for 38 wks and 2 days because 38 wks falls on a Sat and asked if I could go Thursday or Friday and they told me no.  Everything has been good so far, but I've been frustrated because I feel like they do not treat me any differently than they would if I was pg with a single baby and I have heard that after 38 weeks twins growth can be stunted. 

Hang in there!  I can imagine how frustrated you are!  I have to have a c-section because A is breech and B is transverse, but I'm still hoping I go into labor a couple days early!  The past couple days it feels like A's foot is going to come crashing through my cervix!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • my c/s was at 38w1d and i had no signs of labor- my doc thinks i would have easily gone to 39w... but he prefers to deliver twins at 38w.

i felt pretty good with my twin pg - oddly - since my singleton pg was horrible the last 6w - perhaps i was nice and stretched out from the 1st one that the 2nd one wasn't so bad.

don't get me wrong- i was ready to deliver at 38w- but it wasn't miserable... not the way my first pg was.

• I made it to 39.6 because I was trying to deliver vaginally. I spent quite a bit of the final week in the pool.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageHaven1:

People think I'm joking, but I will kill someone if I'm still pregnant in August.  July 31 is 38 weeks exactly, and that's all I've menally budgeted to be pregnant.  No promises what I'll do after that.

OMG this is totally how I feel. My doc was just telling me that we can schedule my c at my next appointment and it would probably be Aug 10th (so 38w 3 d) or after. I want to cry thinking about those extra 3 days. I don't have the mental capacity right now I am in so much pain,.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel the same way. I was scheduled to be induced next July 6 but at my last appt yesterday Baby B turned breech yet again so my c-section date is now scheduled for July 8 @ 38w 5d.
  • I was induced at 38w1d - at the time of induction, I wasn't dilated or effaced at all, and the only reason my doctors wanted it done then was because of my gestational diabetes. If I hadn't been induced, then yeah, I probably would have made it to 39 weeks. It was horribly uncomfortable toward the end, and honestly the only thing that kept me going was knowing that the longer my boys kept baking, the better off they'd be. Hang in there!
  • I was induced at 38w (for the reasons stated above, per my doctor) and was planning to deliver vaginally.  However, the babies DID NOT want to come out, so the induction took 4 days and I ended up having a c-section at 38w 3 days.  I definitely could have gone longer if I had not been induced, but my doctor did not want to go past 38w.
    7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"