Natural Birth

Decrease in movements

Last week, Baby was very active - to the point wher I mentioned it to DH.  It seemed like she was bouncing all around - big movements and very often.

This week, her movements have been light and not as often.  I get to 10 kicks within 30 minutes when I do my counting, but the change has been so dramatic.  Logically, I know nothing is wrong, but there is just a feeling of uncertainty.

I called my MW and I am going in today for fetal monitoring.  Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation?

Re: Decrease in movements

• Haven't been there, but I'm glad you're going in for some monitoring for peace of mind.

Hugs!  I hope it goes great.  

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• She probably just changed position.  I personally wouldn't worry, but if the monitoring makes you feel better, go for it!

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • Same thing has happened to me.  Two weeks ago it was like he was trying to escape...last two weeks not so much.  Every once and a while he gets active, but mostly it's just a poke or a roll now and then.  He's doing fine, my doctor just told me he's starting to get cramped and since he's already in a good position he's not rolling around trying to find a good spot.  She also mentioned I may not be feeling some of the movement because he's facing my back.  I get the pressure when he pushes out and his back pushes my belly out but I don't feel the kicks and punches very often.  Hopefully your monitoring will make you feel better!  It's always best to check!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This happened to me at about 32 weeks or so. I was still getting the right number of movements when I sat very still and paid attention, but the nature of them seemed to be different, more subtle somehow.  She stayed that way for a couple of weeks and then she was back to "bigger" movements.  This weeks she has just gone back to more subtle movements.

I think it's pretty normal, but I completely understand the feeling of uncertainty.

• I've heard that that's common when LOs start running out of room. But I thought that was usually closer to the end of pregnancy. I'm sure the baby's fine, that it's just a positioning thing, but honestly, I'd probably check too. Let us know how it goes! 

• jenairjenair member
    could also be a change in diet.  perhaps last week you brought a pack of grapes or a watermelon. maybe you were craving carbs more than this week.  sugar plays crazy games on those lil ones too. 
  • I was just telling DH the same thing the other day. It's like "Hello in there....". I also heard that they are growing and finding their comfortable spots. But I also thought that maybe I have a night owl who is now doing more movement at night when I'm sleeping. When I wake up in the night for a pee feel her definitely then and right when I wake up in the morning I feel her more. Then the movement wans as the day goes by.

I'm sure everything is fine, but it does help to get peace of mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"