North Carolina Babies

NBR poll: If you won the lottery

If you won the lottery, and it was a big one, like $250 million or something..

1. If you work, would you quit your job?

2. Would your DH?

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy?

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy?

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy?

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)?

8. How would you change your lifestyle?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: NBR poll: If you won the lottery

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Yes, in a heartbeat

2. Would your DH? I would want him to maintain work, but maybe cut back on hours

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? We would keep DH's car and pay it off. I would probably upgrade my small sedan to something bigger - probably a fully loaded minivan.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. Yes, we would probably move to the NC mountains. We have always dreamed about building a home together, nestled on a mountainside.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? Is it sad I can't think of anything? A hot tub? LOL

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? Upgrade our furniture - new bedroom set, new living room furniture etc.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? I would like to think I would give some to DH's mom, my sister, my parents and my BFF.

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I would like more freedom! To be able to pick up and go on vacation, spend the weekend going out and doing things as a family. Not have to worry about $$ so much!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • 1. If you work, would you quit your job?  absolutely, but I'd probalby find something I enjoyed volunteering or non-profit or something to have something to do.  Maybe.

2. Would your DH?  i'm not sure, he might quit his real job, but I bet he'd continue to work on his own

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy?  I'm sure, and I have no idea

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.  Yes, and again, I have no idea.  Probably the mountains of NC, and then have another home at the beach.  They would both have a pool, and someone to take care of them.  Along with a housekeeper and gardener.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy?  That would be DH's job.  He would have all sorts of toys and tools that wouldn't make any sense to me.  I'm sure we'd have things like 4 wheelers, a boat, jet skis, etc.  And I'd have some fancy jewelry and way too expensive shoes.

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy?  see above :)

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)?  I would, with both our families.  I'd pay off our parent's debts to start with.

8. How would you change your lifestyle?  We would travel.  ALOT.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Oh hell yes.

2. Would your DH? Yep.

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? Yep.. I'd buy a Volvo cross country wagon (don't hate!), We'd also buy a fully loaded Honda Odyessy, then DH would buy some ridiculous sports car.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. We'd stay in the area, but would build a much bigger house. We found an area off Trinity Rd in Raleigh during the Parade of Homes that we loved. We'd probably just build something like a 5 br, 3.5 bath, with a lower level with a theater room and bar area, as well as an in-law suite with living area, bathroom, and kitchenette for guests and our family. I'd also want a craft room/office that's just mine. With probably a 4 car garage, for the cars and a workshop area.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? I've always said I'll have an external ice maker that makes that rabbit pellet ice ..and also a soda fountain and popcorn machine in our theater room/bar area. (Shoot for the stars, right? hehe)

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? We'd gut and renovate my IL's beach condo, and maybe buy another one in the same complex (love the location). Then we'd buy a modest but good size place in the OBX as well to share with my side of the family.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? We'd make sure our parents and other family were taken care of. I'd also like to pay for college for the kids of my closest friends. We'd also make a point to donate to and become active participants of charities that we'd love to support more.

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I think we'd spend the first year or so traveling. Then I'd like to spend my days volunteering, and working on hobbies. I would have to have somewhat of a set routine if I didn't have to work. I'd also consider sending our kids to private school for middle and high school (Cary Academy, if we stayed in the area). Public school for elementary.

As you can see, DH and I spend a lot of time thinking and wishing about this. hehe.

ETA: I might need to hit an even bigger jackpot, now that I go back and re-read all that.. hehe...

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Oh this is a fun one!!

1. If you work, would you quit your job? hmmm....don't think I can quit my gig, even though the monetary pay is pretty terrible :)2. Would your DH? Not sure. He might and do something that he liked better part-time (something fun), but he really likes his job so I can't say. I'm not sure I can see him not working at all.3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? I like our cars, but I'm more into function over form with cars. DH would probably replace them with a mini-van (for me), a truck for himself (he sold his so I could stay home), and probably something sporty for fun (probably a car that I have no clue even exists).4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. Yes, but just to the next county over, where we want to be anyway. I would want to build my dream house on several acres of land...4-5 bedrooms, a hobby room/office for each of us, playroom/bonus room, phenomenal kitchen (really my current kitchen is pretty much my dream kitchen except I want a pot filler!!), dining room, family room, etc. A pool would be fun! I'd definitely have a maid to clean all of that for me too :)5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? I'd get all the craft stuff I want...serger, Silhouette, etc. Not impractical, but definitely unnecessary.  Now DH, there's no telling what he'd buy!6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? A beach house. I'd probably live there from April - October :)7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? Definitely our parents because they've been so generous to us. Family, church, our alma matter...

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I'd stop scrubbing my own toilets! :) Not sure...I love the thrill of a good sale, so I might still clip coupons, shop consignment sales, etc. No need to waste money, even if there's plenty of it to go around. 

• If you won the lottery, and it was a big one, like $250 million or something..

1. If you work, would you quit your job? YES YES YES

2. Would your DH? Most likely

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? Um my DH probably would. Not sure what he would buy, but it wouldn't be anything extravagant. He's not into cars.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. I think we'd probably stay put, but maybe buy a beach house? Unless we relocated to the beach.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? Hmm I would buy some sweet lenses for my camera and some other accessories.

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? Probably just build an addition on the house or upgrade our kitchen. We' most likely travel alot.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? I would help my brother pay off his school loans, help my sister with a down payment for a house and secretly take over my grandmother's medical bills

8. How would you change your lifestyle? Besides travelling I think we would pretty much keep the same lifestyle.  I would focus on photography rather than keep my current job. We're pretty fortunate job/salary wise to not have to worry too much about money but it would be nice to know the kids educations would already be taken care of etc.

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? yes, and I would try to start my own business not sure what but I would want to be my own boss

2. Would your DH? I'm not sure.

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? For sure, I would give my car away to a family member that needed it and then buy myself a practical luxury car and so would my DH. 

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. Probably move back to Miami, buy a home in Coral Gables, with lots of windows, a large kitchen and at least 4 bedrooms. 

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? buy some cool new lens for my camera.

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? maybe a condo at the beach

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? yes w/ my family and DH's family.  I would pay off their debt, pay off their house mortgages and buy them a new car.  That way all they are working for is to pay their every day bills. 

8. How would you change your lifestyle?  I think we would travel more and probably buy a beach home/condo.  

• ok I've probably thought WAY too much about this, lol! I love shows about people who win the lottery.

1. If you work, would you quit your job? I would get a maid in a second, so that's kind of quitting part of my "job," lol.

2. Would your DH? Depending on how much we won, he might have to keep working b/c of the health insurance (I'm pretty sure no one would ever insure me, lol)

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? DH would definitely get a new car, probably something sporty. I'm fine with mine, but I'd love to upgrade to a pimped out minivan!

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. We would move closer to my parents. Either Charlotte or Greenville (SC). I'd like to live on a couple of acres in a medium sized house- maybe 2500-3000 sq ft?

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? I've always said I want a chauffeur b/c I hate driving, but I probably wouldn't actually do that, lol. Honestly, I'd just be thrilled to buy some new clothes that aren't from Target!

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? Maybe a beach house and a mtn cabin.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? Absolutely. We'd pay off our parents mortgages, put MIL in the best elder care facility that we could find, and pay for my sister's weddings plus some. And I would probably want to give at least 10% to something charitable (probably multiple charities).

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I'd like to have a maid and a yard crew. And not have to worry about buying clothes/shopping (not talking 5th Ave, but just going to the mall and shopping). I'd love to eat out at nicer restaurants and go on great family vacations. So I guess those would be pretty big changes, but I'd like to think that we could stay normal too Stick out tongue.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. If you work, would you quit your job?  Yes, I'd probably find something though that I enjoy PT. 

2. Would your DH?  Probably not - he really likes his job and all the challenges...although maybe he can cut back on his 2nd job

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy?  We'd probably trade mine in for something a little more spacious

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.  I wouldn't mind moving - just as long as we can bring A with us!  Probably somewhere out west that has a more walkable lifestyle.  As for house - no idea - nothing too crazy though. 

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy?  Probably one of those built into your house coffee machines.  My DH would also buy some fancy tools and take up wood working. 

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy?  New kitchen appliances

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? DH's mom - we would pay off her townhouse and car.  Maybe help his brother out as well. 

8. How would you change your lifestyle? Travel, travel, travel

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. If you work, would you quit your job?  I would quit immediately.  I hate my job.

2. Would your DH?  Not sure.  Probably would quit.  And do something he likes on the side.

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy?  I'd keep my car, DH might keep his too.  I think DH would want a fancy car too.  And he would fix up his truck.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.  We would stay in our house, but build an addition and do some renovating (new kitchen, hardwoods, etc)

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy?  A boat, jet skis

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy?  We'd take some vacations.  New furniture for our bedroom.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)?  I think we'd help my grandma, IL's, my BFF and my dad and maybe some friends and family a little bit.

8. How would you change your lifestyle?  I don't think we'd change it too much, just do some traveling and I would be a SAHM.  And we'd have another kid for sure!!  I'd get a cleaning lady... finally!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is fun. Not productive at all, really, but fun! 

1. If you work, would you quit your job? Hell to the Yes.

2. Would your DH? I think he'd want to continue working, but maybe on his own (like start his own consulting company or something).

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? Def would ditch the old Jeep... no clue what'd replace it. Some hybrid SUV?

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. We'd most definitely move to a brand new house on a good sized lot inside the beltline with NO BRASS FIXTURES. :)

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? I'd love to have someone else do all the stuff I get so tired of doing every day, like styling my hair & doing grocery shopping & target runs. It's weird, but I often fantasize about what it must be like to be rich and not have to do mundane crap like that... Personal Chef would also be a must.

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? Massive annual family vacays to Europe, Thailand, and other crazy exotic and expensive places.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? Immediate family & our grandparents so they wouldn't have to worry about $ at all. And also donations to local food banks (my current fave cause)

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I'd love to just have a more relaxed life, taking out some of the mundane things that stress me out day to day and also do all the fun things we want to do but can't afford now (ie vacations). I'd also feel compelled to give back by donating & volunteering. We might also use 1-dollar bills as toilet paper? IDK, haven't worked out the details on that one.

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Most likely yes, but because I would buy a winery in Napa and we'd move there to grow grapes and make wine for a living!

2. Would your DH? see#1

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? DH yes, Me, nah. DH would probably buy something flashy b/c he's into that stuff.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. See #1

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? not sure

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? I would just travel a lot more.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? family

8. How would you change your lifestyle? Other than not working as much, I can't imagine our lifestyle would change too significantly. I'm cheap and I think I would be that way no matter how much money we had.

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Absolutely in a red hot second!

2. Would your DH? Prob not.. well he may quit teaching but not coaching

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? We'd prob keep our current cars but DH wants a truck so bad so we'd get one that was loaded.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.  A house with a huge kitchen (double ovens, hidden appliances etc) a workout room, play room and mother in law suite

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? IDK...

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? A beach and mountain house.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? Yes family and charities

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I'd shop a lot more haha! And eat out a lot more or have a personal chef and trainer!

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Definately.

2. Would your DH? He would probably do something he loved part time

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? I like my truck (honda pilot) but we would definately buy my DH that much wanted Jeep Rubicon

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. Yes. Out in the country. A house with 4 bedrooms, and a bonus room, and a huge kitchen and fenced in backyard.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? Oh I dunno whateve caught my fancy I reckon

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? The camera I've been wanting.. ok so 1000 bucks ain;t much when you have 250million but still

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? I'd pay back all the money I ever borrowed from my family (guess it's not really sharing) and help DH's granparents out since they have helped up out so much.

8. How would you change your lifestyle? Probably not much, just wouldn't stress as much.

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Yes, in a heartbeat!!

2. Would your DH? Yes, probably. He would start his own business, which is what he has always thought about doing. He would not be happy not working at all, but this way, he could do what he loves and be his own boss.

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? Not mine! Just got a new mini-van, but I am sure we would get rid of our Civic and get my DH something nice.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. We would probably stay in this area because we like it here, but we would probably build our own house. Nothing crazy huge, probably around 3000 sq ft or so with a swimming pool (4 bedrooms, bonus room and I am sure my DH will want his home theater since he is in the business).

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? We would buy a boat

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? Possibly a lake house or a mountain house, my parents have a beach house, so we would probably want the lake or the mountains.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? This is a tough one, my parents are in great financial shape, so we would not need to help them. We might pay off my sister's grad school debt. It is a toughie with DH's parents, they are not well off, his sister has sucked them dry (with her 4 kids), so I would REALLY hesitate to give them anything b/c I have a feeling it would somehow end up to her. Maybe set up a trust fund or something for them or help them fix up their house, that is probably all I would do, not give them cash b/c they would blow it.

8. How would you change your lifestyle? Probably not much, I am pretty frugal. We may take more vacations than we do now, but that is really all I can think of.

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job?

I wouldn't work.

2. Would your DH?

He loves work, so yeah.

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy?

Just something practical.  I'm not that into fancy cars.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.

an enormous house with tons of extras and we'd probably have 3+ houses all over

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy?

boat, jet ski, RV, hot tub, pool, DH would want season tix to every local sporting event

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy?

can't think of anything else....investments

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)?

church, charities, and I'd definitely buy both sets of our parents a large gift

8. How would you change your lifestyle?

Well, I wouldn't be such a tightwad!

• 1. If you work, would you quit your job? SAHM, so N/A. But if I was working I would totally quit.

2. Would your DH? No, he owns his own business.

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy?DH would totally get some fun cars. He wants a Porche and a Lotus one day. We would keep our current cars to drive though, as we both really like what we have.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy.We would probably stay where we are since we just built, but we would absolutely start looking for that perfect piece of land to build our custom dream home on, as well as lakefront property to build a lake house.

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy? In addition to the fun cars and the lake house, we would buy a few more Jet Skis and a big ski boat.

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? We would probably look into some property in St. Lucia considering we really love it there.

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? We would definitely give our parents the options of retiring and also donate to charities.

8. How would you change your lifestyle? We probably would not change our lifestyle. We are both smart with money and would not blow any of it. DH would continue to grow his business and we would continue with how we shop, eat, etc. We definitely would love to buy furniture, decorations, etc. without planning for it like we do now though!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • 1. If you work, would you quit your job? Hell yes!

2. Would your DH? Yes!!

3. Would you ditch your car(s)? What would you buy? Probably keep our cars, we really don't care much about having "nice" cars, our Honda's and Toyota's would still be alright.

4. Would you move? Where to? Describe the house you'd buy. probably keep the house we have and move to the beach, get a house on the ocean.  Nothing tremendous though, just "nice"

5. What completely impractical, fun extras would you buy?  that will take some thought.  I'd probably get botox and maybe some other body contouring things done?? I'd probably buy tons of really nice clothes?

6. Any other big purchases you'd buy? I'd hire a full-time housekeeper and personal chef!

7. Who would you share the money with (if you would share it!)? I'd probably give a portion of it to my mom and dad and our in-laws and a small portion to my brother.  I'd probably also donate a portion of it to a charity

8. How would you change your lifestyle? I would like to stay like I already am, just have the little extra's (housekeeper, chef, nice clothes)...

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"