TTC after 35
Options

WWYD?

I'll be 36 in Sept, have been TTC since 11/09, got PG and m/c in April, have had 2 cycles post m/c and am still not PG.  Had CD3 testing at the beginning of this cycle and the results were great.  I have two children (born via c/s) that I was very lucky to conceive with no difficulty. 

Would you keep trying w/no additional testing, ask your OB to perform more tests, ask OB for a referral to an RE or something else?

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: WWYD?

• Options

I'm trying to decide what to do also.  We've been actively TTC since Dec so this makes cycle 6.  There is nothing medically wrong with me (that I know of) and I concieved the 2 boys that I have w/no problems and both w/in like 5 months of trying (and I had c-sections too!) 

I guess testing would be okay.  (For me, I don't know if I would pursue any hard core treatments.)  Testing, at the very least, would set you at a starting point if you plan on pursuing all your options for a baby.

I think I'm going to give it some more time before I call.  I'm not ready yet.

I'm sorry for your m/c.  Good luck and keep us posted!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think i'd hold off and still TTC naturally if it was me. Since you got prego within 5 months of TTC your 3rd that is a good sign. So sorry that it ended in a mc. 2 cycles after the mc to not conceive again is not that long though, so i'd hold out that you will get prego again on your own.

When DH and I were TTC our first it took us 6 months to conceive naturally and it ended in an mc and then we went more than a year before becoming prego again, which also ended in an mc. That's when we we started getting testing done. I was early 30s at the time and wound up conceiving DD #1 with our first IVF with ICSI when I was 33 and had her at 34.

just had DD #2 recently. she was conceived naturally at 35 and i had her at 36. best of luck to you, whatever you decide.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks guys!  You both hit on two things I think about.  1) I did get PG before 6 mos and I was wondering if that PG "reset the clock" for lack of a better term.  And 2), how far am I willing to go to conceive #3 if I seek treatment? 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    I'm in a similar situation - I have two children I concieved easily but I was MUCH younger.  I got pregnant about 9 mos after getting remarried but we weren't trying that hard until the last few cycles, had a m/c, and now it's been another 6 mos.  I am going forward with IF treatment b/c this was my second m/c and because I'm turning 40 in a couple of months.  If I was your age I'd give it a good 6 mos after your m/c - I do think it sort of " resets the clock"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I concur with the others, I would wait until it's been the 6th month of TTC since your m/c....so in another 4 months make an appt with an RE.

In the meantime, see if your OB will do some type of blood work; RPL for example.   MIne did. I had only had 1 m/c but it took me 2 years to conceive again so about 20 months after the 1st m/c my OB did an RPL test on me. 

• Options

I agree with pp....If I were you I'd give it more time

You have kids and don't know of any probs.- both great signs Imo

Best of luck.

• Options
    I have to disagree with the above posters.  You've been TTC since last November, more than 6 months (despite m/c, I'm sorry about that). I think it's time to move on to an RE - couldn't hurt.
    After three years TTC, four IUI's plus 2 cancelled, MFI (morph, motility, count), maternal age (40 as of 5/12) & former endo, we're moving to IVF spring 2012 (good/avg AMH and FSH). We did beat the odds once, however. DD born after 2 years TTC with clomid and no monitoring at my age 35. Doctors are SHOCKED we were able to conceive. Here's hoping for another miracle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"