1st Trimester

2nd time moms...

So I wanted to keep this pregnancy on the DL longer, but I am already feeling so tired and crappy I feel like I need to share soon!  I am so not that bad off- but I think knowing would aid in maybe a little extra help/ or less expectations from our family.  I know my parents would be over more often to play with DS- and my IL's would maybe lessen up on their expectations of me running all over the place for them.

When are you sharing the news? 

Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).

Re: 2nd time moms...

• We shared as soon as we found out. We didn't see any reason to not tell. 

BTW: I am so tired this time around. I don't remember being this wiped out so early!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well my first Dr appointment is next week- so after that I think we will be ready to let the cat out of the bag.  I just want to make sure the pregnancy is viable first.  

That being said, I was kinda nervous to share the news this time.   I have no reason for that-- but I liked us knowing as a small family for a bit.  To digest it, enjoy it, but I am ready to have someone to talk to about other than my DH!  

Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • Loading the player...
  • You could choose to tell just your parents and ILs, but keep it on the DL for everyone else until you're comfortable.  That's what we've done...our parents & siblings knew pretty much right away (and a very select few friends) but no one else.  If it'll help you in your exhaustion to let them know what's up, go ahead!

I definitely wasn't this sick with DS.  My mom is here right now and I'm in heaven just having to care for myself.  I mean, it's a heaven where I'm still exhausted and dry heaving, but it's all relative, right? ;)

A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We told our Moms and sisters about two weeks after my bfp (right when my m/s kicked in) so they could help out with dd. It was sooooo worth it.
  • We told my parents around 6-7 weeks, but mainly because my husband was pressuring me to. I would've been fine keeping it a secret a while longer. My symptoms are actually a lot less severe this time around, and I'm eating normally and haven't gained any weight yet so I could've easily hid it.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• We are waiting until 12 weeks (I think!) I just lost a baby and had a d&e last month so they are going to be totally shocked that I got got pregnant again so fast...I feel like if I tell them now they will baby me too much!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I've told some people, but not everyone. My parents don't even know yet.  I just feel like I need to wait until after my first u/s.  This was a surprise pregnancy to us, so we've needed time to absorb it all!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was planning on waiting until after our 1st appt in 3 weeks but yesterday I was on the phone with my mom and I couldn't keep it in.

I'll tell everyone else after our appt.

imageimageimageimage
  • We told our moms and dads and my sis as soon as we found out at about 4 weeks. We told everyone else after I had my first u/s a couple weeks ago and we heard the heartbeat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We told right away. I didn't see any reason not to tell. It's made things easier for me, because everyone knows why i'm extra tired so they help me out. My DH has been amazing and doesn't even ask me to get up at night anymore now for our DD.

I don't remember feeling this tired last time. I think mainly now I'm chasing around a toddler and I'm working so much more so it's adding up. Sleep

BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We told my parents this past weekend - not that I'm a lush but I do enjoy an adult beverage or two and it would be way obvious that I wasn't drinking.  We are probably waiting to announce to the general public until 12 weeks.  I think the main thing with me is that I would want our families and close friends to support me if (God forbid) something were to go wrong, but I don't need everyone else to know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"