North Carolina Babies

Prayer Request

I know many of you  go to Jeffers and Mann in Raleigh, and know Dr. Mann and the wonderful man he is. I grew up with his as one of my doctors and playing soccer with his daugthers and my mom used to work for him as well. We got to to know their family really well and they are just loving and friendly people. I just found out the other day that their 18 yr. old son Chase was on a Mission Trip in the Bahamas and dove off a pier into what ended up only being 4-5 ft. of water and was unable to move his arms and legs. After being taken out of the water on a piece of plywood and stabalized he was airlifted to Jackson Hospital in Miami (which just so happens to be the best place in the country to be right now with spinal problems). He never lost consciousness ad was able to talk to the medical personel. He was in surgery from 1:00 a.m. until around 10:00 am Wednesday morning where they surgeons did a spinal fusion to realign his spinal canal at C4-C5 and needed to operate both anteriorly and posteriorly.  Chase was kept hypothermic to reduce swelling and has now had his body temperature raised back to normal. It could be almost 2 weeks before they know the extent of his injuries because of allowing time for the surgery to take affect or what not. So please pray for this young, and active young boy as he recovers and hopefully is able to walk again one day.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Prayer Request

• Oh my gosh that is awful! I will definitely keep that family in my prayers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a sad accident! I'll be praying for him!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • That's horrible! I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to them.
  • oh man....that is terrible.  I know exactly where he is, Jackson is a great hospital for spinal cord injuries.  lots of T&P for them.
  • AnneNCAnneNC member
    OMG, that is terrible.  :(  We have seen Dr. Mann a few times and I thought he was so nice & knowledgable also.  Many prayers and positive thoughts that his son will be okay!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAnneNC:
    OMG, that is terrible.  :(  We have seen Dr. Mann a few times and I thought he was so nice & knowledgable also.  Many prayers and positive thoughts that his son will be okay!!! 

Took the words right out of my mouth. Ditto.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"