Multiples

Feeling and "seeing" one of the babies at 14wks

This morning I have been feeling a hard, round mass about and inch below my belly button and slightly off center.  It really seems like it is one of the babies jutting out a little bit periodically.  My stomach even looks lopsided.  Anyone else experience something similar so early?!
Fiona & Julia imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 23 mos. TTC, MFI, IUI #1&2 BFN, IVF #1 = BFP!!!

Re: Feeling and "seeing" one of the babies at 14wks

• You would probably need to have a negative body fat percentage for that to be possible. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At this point, the babies only weigh about an ounce, so it seems unlikely that one baby would be strong enough to distend the uterus and stick out.  Perhaps you are feeling part of your uterus, which is probably beginning to rise out of the pelvis now.  Or perhaps you have a cyst or a fibroid?  IDK, but I agree with the pp, it seems unlikely to be baby yet.
    TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, at 3 inches and 1-1.5oz, there's way too much fluid and guts between the baby and the outside to "feel" it yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had GIANT ovaries when I was pregnant (seriously, like baseball sized) so maybe it's one of your ovaries?
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imagepea-kay:
    I had GIANT ovaries when I was pregnant (seriously, like baseball sized) so maybe it's one of your ovaries?

The location would be right... hmmm so disappointing!

Fiona & Julia imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 23 mos. TTC, MFI, IUI #1&2 BFN, IVF #1 = BFP!!!
  • Around 14 weeks the left side of my abdomen was harder and sticking out more than the right.  This was due to both babies being on the one side.  It wasnt the babies, just my uterus stretched out on one side.  Now they have shifted a bit so I don't feel so lumpy...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"