Indiana Babies

this is getting ridiculous

went to the hospital with regular painful contractions 3 minutes apart for 2 hours yesterday morning...they checked me and I was 3cm but she was -4 station..her heart rate was a little low so dr had me admitted. Contractions stopped so they gave me pitocin to try and get things going again. They got regular and painful for an hour and then would space out..so they kept upping the dose. Doctor finally decided he was going to break my water to really get things going...checked me and she was only at -3 so they couldn't do it. They ended up maxing me out on the amount of pit I could have by 8pm and the contractions went back out to every 5 min. Luckily LO's heart rate was totally stable by this point and she was moving around in between contractions so I didn't have to have a csection and they finally sent me home at 8pm. I'm mentally and physically exhausted.

I hate that I wasted a whole day away from Emma...in pain and accomplished nothing. I'm so frustrated...I couldn't quit crying last night. They are inducing me Friday if nothing else has changed because the dr is worried about the placenta deteriorating. My biggest fear is the reason she isn't dropping is because she's too big and I'm going to go through another day of contractions only to end in a csection. I glad my baby is healthy but I'm so ready to meet her and disappointed that I left the hospital without her in my arms. 

Re: this is getting ridiculous

• Oh no!  How disappointing.  I hope things pick back up today and she decides she's ready to come out. 
  • I hope you don't have to wait and make a decision about the c-section.  Hang in there, we all totally feel for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh. What a disappointment!!

I hope she comes soon... and when she does, I hope it's quick!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh, how disappointing. I'd feel the same way!

Hang in there! Worst case, just a couple more days!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no--what a stressful day!  Hopefully she'll be ready to come out on induction day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't imagine the physical and emotional roller coaster you have been through. ?If you can, get some rest. ?I'll be thinking of you! ?
  • Oh no!  I'm sorry that yesterday was so frustrating!  Praying that she moves soon and you'll soon have her in your arms!
  • Oh my. I understand why you were upset! Hopefully she comes very, very soon!!! On her own! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Goodness gracious what a rough time you've been having. I'm so sorry :( I cannot imagine how anxious and frustrated you must be! I hope the remainder of the week passes quickly and you get to meet your little one SOON!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"