Two Under 2

How long did it take you to get back in shape

after your second baby? If you are a SAHM and can't go to the gym what is your workout routine?

Re: How long did it take you to get back in shape

• Honestly, it took me about the same amount of time as after DD1. I'm still holding on to a few lbs this time, but I was a little underweight after DD1, so now I'm just at a good weight. I think I was around 4mo pp by the time I lost all 37lbs (I gained the exact same amount both pregnancies..oddly enough ;)

As far as workout... umm... I really don't do much. I need to though! I take the girls on a lot of walks. That counts, right? ;)

When I do work out, I do it during DD1's afternoon nap. I make sure that DD2 naps during DD1's nap so I have some "free" time to myself. If DD2 happens to be awake, she's very easy going so I can prop her w/ some toys and workout then (either treadmill or 30Day Shred).

I always have DD1 help me clean up toys and I do a lot of picking up while the girls are awake, that way when they're both napping, it really is "me" time and not just time for me to clean the house! I include them in cleaning/picking up. :) That's always a good way to work in some exercise time! I think it's good for them to help, to see me do it, and to give myself a real break when they're napping. I'd love to be the kind who gets up early and works out in the morning, but I am so not a morning person that I can't bring myself to do it. Oh well :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I lost all 50 pregnancy pounds by 5 months after each kid (56 pounds with #1, 49 pounds with #2) but my body shape is different this time around. After I lost the weight from #1 I pretty much went back to my old body, just larger boobs because I was nursing. This time I'm holding on to excess weight around my hips/waist... so I wouldn't say I'm back in shape yet. Strange, though... if I've lost all the weight and my entire torso is larger (hips, waist, boobs), what got smaller?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"