Upstate NY Babies
Options

A worse bad mom inside

Leah got a little pink yesterday from the sun. I put lotion on Evan, but forgot Leah's hat...which is too big for her anyway but would have done something. She was in the shade for most of the time - but while I was holding her for her little nap I was in and out of the sun with Evan...I guess too much in.

You can only sort of tell today - but it was pretty apparent when I put her to bed last night. I know it isn't the hugest deal but I still feel bad.  

Re: A worse bad mom inside

• Options
    We did that with Eve when we took her to the Allentown Art Fest last year.. We totally forgot her hat.. and she was only like 3 mos so we didn't want to put sunscreen on her.. It wasn't super sunny, we didn't get burned.. but her little cheeks were so pink.. We have a couple of cute pics of her that we took like the next day and whenever I look at them I feel guilty.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    we were outside yesterday morning, and since it was cool Evan had on a long sleeve shirt so I didn't put any sunscreen on him. I put his hat on, but he pulled it off after about 2 minutes. His cheeks were a little red last night too, but today they are fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DH is biracial and he is adopted by white parents. Well, they weren't sure that he needed sunblock because of his complexion and they spent a day at the beach when he was under a year... needless to say he was fried! His mom still talks about how badly he was burned.

This reminds me I need to pick up some block for G and our trip. We finally found a hat that fits; my mom had to order it online because everything in the store was too big. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Paul got a small sunburn earlier this month, I cried. I felt so bad.

I talked to my pedi & she said it is ok to use a small amount of sunblock on them. She said the sunblock is better than burning, obviously keep them out of the sun as much as possible. She said to use a physical blocker as opposed to a chemical (which we do anyways- California Baby)

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"