South Florida Babies

Spitting up solids?

I can't remember if DD1 did this. At her 4 month appt the doc said I could start giving DD2 cereal. I gave her rice cereal as was recommended by the pedi but she seemed to spit up a lot more than usual. I tried a few times but then thought maybe it was upsetting her stomach so I stopped. Several days later I gave her oatmeal, but she seemed to spit that up a lot too. It occured to me that maybe all the vitamins they add to baby cereal are maybe too harsh for her. So I stopped giving her any for a few weeks. Last week I gave her homemade applesauce and she seemed fine with that, just a bit gassy but it didn't seem to bother her. This week I tried homemade yams but now she seems to be spitting that up as well. I don't know whether she's just not ready for solid food or whether all babies do this and I shouldn't worry about it. I'm going to call and ask her pedi, but was wondering if anyone else's kids spit up solids. TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spitting up solids?

• I don't remember either of my kids spitting up food.  I started each of them on solids at 6 months.  But neither of them was a big spitter.  
  • It sounds to me like maybe she's not ready.  This is what hapenned to my friend's son.  She just waited a few weeks and then tried again.

I waited until 6 months and didn't have any issues...I tend to think they do better when they are a little older and the gag reflux is gone.

So I wouldn't worry, I would just try again in a few weeks and see how she does :) 

• Loading the player...
  • ditto the above poster. She doesn't sound ready.

Nate didn't really eat solids until he was 11months!!!!

• Abby threw EVERYTHING up, but she had bad reflux... we also found that she was throwing up more when she sucked the food down quickly.  I had to start slowing down the spoonfulls and making them smaller.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"