1st Trimester

This may sound wierd...

So how do you know if you are still preg??  I know this sounds strange but I really don't have any significant symptoms to speak of and I'm worried!  I went to the Dr. to have all of my blood work about a week ago, he said everything seemed fine, my beta level was 850 at 4 and a half weeks and progesterone was good so he said it was a confirmed pregnancy.  I read this post online about a woman who went in for her 10 week ultrasound and her baby had no heartbeat and the doc said she had lost it about 4 weeks prior.  Can you really miscarry and have no bleeding or cramping?  I have officially freaked myself out.

Re: This may sound wierd...

• First of all - congrats on your pregnancy.

Second - please try not to worry.  Symptoms or lack of symptoms do not confirm pregnancy or that you may have lost the baby.  Plenty of women never experience m/s but still go on to have healthy pregnancies.  Early on it's hard to have faith that everything is ok as you don't have the signs that you get in later pregnancy - feeling movement.  But you have to just have faith.

Yes, it is possible to miscarry and not know.  I had a miscarriage at 11w3d in March.  It was a missed m/c - I had no symptoms and the way that I found out was going to the u/s appt and there was only an empty sac.  This pregnancy has been progressing so far - I've heard the h/b 2x and seen the baby on u/s. 

Worrying doesn't help, and there is nothing you can do early on... so just take care of yourself and think positive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Yes, unfortunately it is possible. I went in for my 8 week check up and there was no heart beart and baby measured 7 weeks. I waited 2 more weeks to see if I would miscarry on my own but nothing ever happened.  BUT I was still having symptoms! I was constipated, tired and getting up in the middle of the night to pee. With my DD and now with this pregnancy I have no symptoms....so having symptoms doesn't mean baby is healthy and lack of symptoms doesn't mean something is wrong. Try not to worry and be positive  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Last September, I went for my 10 week check-up and they couldn't find a heartbeat on the Doppler.  The doc then did an u/s and found that the baby was measuring 7 weeks instead of 10.  I didn't have any symptoms of miscarriage at all, in fact, my body was still carrying on as if it were pregnant.  (sore boobs, very tired, hungry, etc.)  I had to have a D&C the next day.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"