Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

What music makes you feel better?

I just heard Bridge over Troubled Water on the radio and for a few minutes it made me feel better about my day, my week, my losses, etc.  I get the same feeling when I listen to Van Morrison.

What does everyone else draw inspiration or strength from?

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

Re: What music makes you feel better?

• Metal.. anything I can't make the wrods out to but had a good thump makes me feel better.
  • FLAMING LIPS!  it's positive.  And I am seeing them in September.  yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been listening to a lot of old 70s soul & funk. This video in particular never fails to make me smile, even on my worst days (Love Train by the O'Jays, with bonus Soul Train line dancing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7MiG2fe8lE

• For me its everything but rap! I have a weird taste of music! One the top its Blue October!
  • I have a few songs that make me feel better. two are:

Hillsong United - Hosanna
    almost anything from Linkin Park

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• More than a few times in the last 3 months, when I'm having a particularly bad moment or a bit of a freak out (like when a co-worker announces pg or I just am feeling overwhelmed), Breathe by Anna Nalick has come up on my Pandora. It's kinda become my theme song in moments of panic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been listening to a lot of Christian songs latley-like Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, adn Third Day.  It comforts me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"