Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

My clueless sister (vent)

My sister is very supportive, but totally clueless. She has suggested that she be a surrogate for me at least a half a dozen times over the past several months, and today (for the second time) I had to tell her that I don't want a surrogate. I didn't tell her that it's mildly insulting to even suggest it, but she doesn't seem to get why I wouldn't want her to carry a child for me. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but it's not like my coffee pot broke and I need to borrow hers.... and on top of that I haven't had enough testing done to know why I'm not getting/staying pregnant! I don't NEED a surrogate!! She is totally jumping the gun. She kept asking what if my eggs are bad and what if I can't have a baby, and I told her then I'll adopt one, but I'm not going to use a surrogate.  She said she's glad I'm considering that as an option. I had to tell her to slow down, that I'm not considering ANYTHING yet other than getting my test results. After that, if we don't have a diagnosis, DH and I can see an RE- that's as far as it goes for now!
imageimage
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My clueless sister (vent)

• Options
    ::HUGS:: Lets have a drink.... Lets drink to sisters that will never truly understand! And Pray that they never will! ::CHEERS::
  • Options
    I'm sure she just wants to help even though she is going about it in the wrong way. 
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry. I agree, she doesn't seem to understand exactly where you are at so she is jumping the gun (to extremes) and it's not helping matters.

My mom did this to me while we were meeting with my OB for my first PP visit - she blirts out "Her sister is more than willing to be a surrogate" I just looked at her like "wtfunk would make you think that I want or need one?". After we left I talked to my mom about it and she never brought it up again.

They mean well, they just mean well in the wrong manner.

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Options

Your sister is just going about it the wrong way but she means well and loves you enough to do that for you.  

My BFF curled her nose up at the idea of being a surrogate for me.  I never asked, nor would I ever, if she would considered it but her mom did and she was like 'ewe NO!' (it probably didn't come out of her mouth that way but it did when she retold me the story).  I was a little insulted at her response.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"