Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Strange dream/s before MC?

Ladies,

I wonder if anyone else experienced this. I told DH about it and he said not to read too much into it. The night before I started to MC, I had a dream that I was in the hospital and had the baby and someone came in and stole it and we never found them and got the baby back. It was a horrible dream and I woke up feeling upset. I am certain it had something to do with the MC.  I don't know if it was my body telling me something or what. Anyone else experience anything like that?

Re: Strange dream/s before MC?

• Options

Yes.  Mine is too super-involved to get into here, but I'll send it PM if you are interested.  I had the dream after they found no heartbeat at six weeks.  Long story short, they found it the next week but I miscarried a few days later.

The dream wasn't scary but oddly reassuring.  After, I knew that my next pregnancy would be OK, but this pregnancy wasn't going to work out.  During this whole experience of miscarriage I rationally know that everything is going to be ok and these things happen but the emotions just get in the way.  The dream seemed to be a disconnect from the super-emotional part.  It was a good reminder to look ahead.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes please PM me  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, about 2 days before my m/c I had a horrible nightmare in which I was laying in our bed, and the entire bedroom was filled with blood up to about the level of the top of our bed, and our baby, with a fish body but a baby head came swimming up to me through the blood and said "momma". This would be the point I woke up crying. 

It was a horrible nightmare, but when I told my DH about it he said it was nothing. I went to the OB the next day (had an appointment anyway) they did an u/s, everything was fine, that night I started bleeding. I was in our bedroom. I feel it was my subconscious letting me know what was coming. 

TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012
  • Options
    I had many different dreams but mostly they were the same thing me having a MC just different ways.... One I got in a car crush and then i would fall or something else. I always wake up crying and or screaming! ::HUGS::
  • Options
    brandy YGPM :)
  • Options
    Lkat17Lkat17 member

I had a dream I was bleeding about two days before the bleeding started. I tried not to think about it (because I've had a lot of pregnancy dreams about other people's babies that have come true), but when I woke up and felt oddly different (all my symptoms were gone), I had a bad feeling. I even told DH that I didn't feel pregnant anymore, but I didn't tell anyone about the dream. Two days later I started spotting and then bleeding and I knew it was over.

I think our intuition can tell us a lot through dreams, so it's interesting to hear about others' experiences with them!

Sarah, I love that in your dream you got a comforting vibe about your next pregnancy! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • Options
    imageLkat17:

Sarah, I love that in your dream you got a comforting vibe about your next pregnancy! 

:)  It's nice to have a little hope!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"