Pre-School and Daycare
Options

** moroccojade **

Hi!  I have been out of town and just saw your question for me about the musin in my church.  It's mostly traditional hymns with organ (an awesome organ, relatively new, loud and beautiful; I think it makes everyone sing nice and loud/strong).  Then we have a guy (age 20-something) sing each week with piano accompaniment - he's amazing, and usually sings Michael W. Smith songs, this happens during offering/communion.  We also have a handbell choir that plays frequently and an adult choir that sings every week (I accompany on piano/organ).  There are also children's choirs that sing occasionally.  Oh, and a brass ensemble that accompanies hymns sometimes or plays preludes/postludes, and a woodwind ensemble.  And occasionally we have a violinist play with the choirs, etc. 

It sounds like a lot, but these are all members of our small church that play the music.  God has been WONDERFUL to us by giving us so many talented musicians.  People actually come from other churches for Christmas/Easter, etc since they love the music here.  We do 30 minutes of music before the service on Christmas Eve (from all of the above mentioned groups) and this draws quite a lot of people.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Re: ** moroccojade **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"