Breastfeeding

Anyone have one breast producing more than other???

The right side is producing 3-4 oz and the left side is producing 1.5- maybe 2oz if i'm lucky ( when pumping). This just started to happen with the past few days. Is this normal?  I have even started to put LO on the left side first to see if it would help. Anyone else having or had this problem?  If so what did you do.  Thanks
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have one breast producing more than other???

• Have you tried massaging that breast while pumping?  My right one produces like 4oz when I pump and my left one 3oz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine have been that way since the beginning. My LC told me its completely normal, our eyes, ears, feet, etc are slightly different...why not the mams as well? I tried massage, heat, extra pump time on that side but nothing helped...so I just deal. Its usually an oz or 2 behind
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same problem.  After my first morning pump (which I get about 5oz from my left and 2-3 from my right) the rest of the day it is about 3oz from the left and 1oz from the right.

I only pump 3x a day at work, the rest of the time I breastfeed him...and he obviously likes my left boob a lot more!  So I try to feed him from the right boob at night when he isn't so desperate for immediate food (it also takes longer for my right boob to let down)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DSC_0153_edited-1 BabyFruit Ticker
  • This always happens to me.  It alternates which side is producing more, but mine is never even.  I think it has to do with a combo of which breast DS does better at emptying when I BF him and what side I sleep on at night, and therefore which boob I smash.
  • Me too!  I just posted above basically the same thing.  I guess I got my answer from the other mommas answering this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"