March 2011 Moms

Grandparents' names?

Have you decided what your LO will call your parents and in-laws?

My dad and stepmom are Papa and Nana (deemed by her grandkids).

DH's parents are grandma and grandpa (they like traditional names).

My mom and stepdad are Gigi and Poppi (his nickname was already Poppi, and my DH says my mom needs the "hippest" name).

Re: Grandparents' names?

• DS calls my parents maw-maw and paw-paw.  Maw-maw because that's just how he says Grandma right now, and Pawpaw because that what my dad liked!

You kid could call your parents '***' and they'd think it was cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just told my parents this weekend. We spent hours in the car together and they spent most of the time trying to decide what they wanted to be called. This will be their first grandkid. They came up with some crazy mess. The worst by far being G- MOMMY (said with the same rhythm as 50 Cent when he says G-Unit). My mom really thinks she's funny. On DH's side it's Grandma Olga and granddad (as established by the first 6 grands).
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents will be called grandma and grandpa.

DH parents will be called grandad and granny.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom is Dutch so she will be called Oma

My Dad is Mohawk so either T?ta or Grandpa

My Mother in Law is Cayuga which ironically is the same as Mohawk Grandpa - T?ta so we have to work something out

My father in Law is italian probably grandpa

• My parents are plain old Grandma and Grandpa to my DS; however, my ex's parent's are "Mopsy" and "Baba." I also have a friend whose parents wanted to be "Tia" and "Buck" so there can't be too many rules!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My parents are Pa Pa and Grammy and DH's parents are Ita and Grandad.
  • I know kids will  pretty much call them whatever they want to so we'll see. My mom and MIL want to be called grammy which is strange to me but my nephew calls my mom mimi when he tries to say grammy so i'm sure that will stick.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • I think my parents names will just be whatever our LO can say and it'll stick.  This is their first grandchild, so they get "naming rights".

DH's parents are Granny and Poppa Bear (this is what he insists on bring called.... none of the 6 grandkids on that side call him that...).

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I can't think of anything too original. I think my parents will be Nana and Papa. DH's parents...they are really young and hip (relatively speaking), so it's hard to tell. Maybe just Grandma and Grandpa, I don't know. This would be the first grandchild on either side, so our kid gets naming rights, too! :)
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• imagedia_jay:
    I just told my parents this weekend. We spent hours in the car together and they spent most of the time trying to decide what they wanted to be called. This will be their first grandkid. They came up with some crazy mess. The worst by far being G- MOMMY (said with the same rhythm as 50 Cent when he says G-Unit). My mom really thinks she's funny. On DH's side it's Grandma Olga and granddad (as established by the first 6 grands).

This is hilarious!

DH's parents will be grandma and grandpa and my parent's will be nana and papa.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• No.

Though, my ILs native language is not english, and we'll probably use the words for grandmother and grandfather in Czech for them. I will ask them for their opinion though. 

My parents will probably be allowed to pick their names too.

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • My parents are Nama and Gampaw, they already have 7 grandchildren, so it's already set.

I know my MIL wants to be Granny Sue, but I'm not sure about my FIL, I think he'll just be Grandpa. This will be their first grandchild.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"