North Carolina Babies
Options

baby friendly movie theater?

Hey all, we just moved outside of Charlotte and in light of the new Twilight movie coming out...we want to venture to a theater for the first time with our 3mo. old. Are there any baby friendly theaters in the area? If not, have you taken your infant to a movie and what was your experience??

A little nervous to give this a go, but going to try regardless!!

Re: baby friendly movie theater?

• Options
    Cici just took her 4 month old to a movie. Her DD is very chill and slept through most of it. If your LO has a sensitive temperament, I would not take her with you. I would not go on opening weekend because it will be busy and lots of people will be annoyed if she has a meltdown. I would go when it's slow at the theater and be prepared to leave if you need to. Have fun and good luck!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    When I lived in NYC the theater on our street had a baby friendly showing it was Wed @ 11am. Perhaps call some local theaters and ask if they do that sort of thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the Arboretum movie theater has a kid friendly showing a few days a week at 10AM.  You may want to check that out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JuberPJuberP member

Please post what you find out if you call around.  When we lived in Minnesota, they had a similar mid-week, midday baby friendly showings.  I'm hoping for the same here! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We found a drive-in movie theater about 30 minutes from our house last summer.  We really wanted to see Harry Potter and braved a 9pm showing with our 3 month old.  She did GREAT.  I nursed her and she slept.  I could never do that now, but I'm glad we ventured out then.

Raleigh gals - Raleigh Road Drive-In (Henderson, NC) June 30-July 4th - Toy Story 3 & Eclipse (double feature)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"