High-Risk Pregnancy

GD Tuesday **Check-IN**

This check in is for all pregnant ladies with gestational diabetes-a place to check in, share, get support and ask questions. Having GD can be hard enough with all the carb counting and finger pricking. Together we can make our way to healthy babies and healthy futures!

I apologize for anyone I forgot to add from last week, and not having the usual Thursday check-in. There was an extended family (NBR) related crisis and I haven?t been on much since.

Question of the Day: Are you finding the heat is affect your diet and/or GD numbers ? explain?

Menu: Have you tried Mexican food yet? What?s worked for you at Mexican places?

CONGRATS TO ALL MAMAS WHO?S BABIES ARE MAKING THEIR WAY INTO THE WORLD THIS MONTH! All GD mom's are encouraged to join- please post your "bumpie name/real name/age/EDD/ diet and or meds" Let me know about any T&P needed or updates! Also, ?Question of the Day? Questions are always welcome- Just Private Message me! OUR BABIES ARE JUST TOO SWEET- WATCH OUT FOR THE SUGAR MAMAS! ? Amy&Steve0421/Amy/35/August23rd/dietonly ? Dafodils_lament/Sarah/35/dietcontrolled ? chocolatechip06/Celine/Age33/Due7/4/10-c-sectionon 6/8/diet ? moonrose2715/Karey/28/July27,2010/2.5 Glyburide at bedtime ? 5de5/Amanda/30/EDD8-21/3.25mg ofGluyubride/at lunch. ? JTBerry143/Teresa/28/07/08/10/diet ? Craschi/38/metformin,insulinand diet ? aprilqt74/April/35/July19/diet for now ? Gretchen/35/June14/dietDebsPSUBride/Debbie/30/8/24/10/1Xinsulinat night ? Riley*s Mom/Lisa,/June 30th/controlled by diet and exercise. ? whatever496/Alissa/ June 25th/controlled by diet and exercise ? KarlingG/Kar/June 24/diet and slow acting insulin ? Nikison/Nicole/August 10th/diet ? Purple_Butterflies/Sonya/36/EDD July 17/Diet only ? noxie52/Katie/31/EDD September 29th/insulin ? luvmyfirefighter/Beth/31/July8/Diet ? Jesse*sGirl~07/Corin/29/7.27.10/ Bedtime Insulin ? AmandaAndTj/Amanda/27/July13th/just diet ? teamsweet/Tracy/31/6-26-10/diet ? rmprudente/Becca/32/July 10th/diet at the moment ? puterbaby/Lori/34/EDD 10-16-10/Diagnosed at 12 weeks/Levemir 25 units, Novolog 8 units per meal ? ColieJ/Due August 20th (new EDD July 9th)/diagnosed @ 26w /carb restricted diet ? Indiechixor/Brittainy/23/June 26th/Diet for now ? s_ms / Stephanie / 26 / Edd 8/3/10 / diet for now ? akbrown64/Amy/29/8-14-10/diet ? celticookie/Heather/33/Aug23/diet ? RicaBlue/Erica/30/Aug7/carb restricted diet ? kaytetrudeau/38/08-18-10/ diet and or insulin (4 units daily with lunch) ? Karizmalei/Ruth/42/9-13 with twins /Diet - ? ougrad-36 yrs old--due Sept 8 with twins-controlling with diet ? monkski/Kim/34/August 7/diet for now ? khj610/Kelly/29/August 20th/ diet & exercise controlled ? argonne/Amanda/29/Sept-2/diet and exercise ? epitzer81/Erin/29/EDD August 7th Tentative Induction Date of August 3rd/diet and 4 units of NPH at bedtime. ? plumerialost/Cheryl/31/EDD 12~17~10/diet and 1 glyburide at night ? cate1119 / Katy / 35 / Dec 25th 2010 / so far diet controlled ? Karizmalei/42/EDD 9-13-10 with twin girls/ diet for now

Re: GD Tuesday **Check-IN**

• QOTD: It was over 100 the last 3 days and my numbers were crazy ( I was outside most of each day for various reasons). I thought it was maybe a hormonal spike, but my nurse said to wait a few days to see if it was the affect of the heat

Menu: I've done really well with "burrito bowls" at various places, light on the rice.

• QOTD:  I don't know if it's the heat or job stress, but my numbers have been slightly elevate, although still normal, the past couple of days.

Menu:  I do really well with the naked burrito from Qdoba with no rice, but 1.5 scoops of beans.  Beans and I get along quite well.  I think it's because they are a complex carb and a protein.  Flour tortillas, on the other hand, definitely raise my numbers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • QOTD: I don't know if it's the heat or stress or maybe it's both, but some of my numbers have been outta whack lately. I go to my doctor tomorrow, so we shall see what she says......I'm a little scared!!!

Food: Nachos, but have been homemade so far 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • QOTD: I have not really seen an effect but then again I tend to stay inside.  The onyl time I am outside I am active (walking, swimming, etc) which lowers my numbers.

Menu: I have found the burrito bowls are okay (light rice) other than that I will nt eat Mexican unless I do it at home and can control it.  I have had a taco salad from Taco Bell...but I ate the inside stuff as my meal and then the shell seperately later as a snack...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 5de5- I hope everything is okay!  T&P to your family!

QOTD: YES! the heat is totally messing with me.  One day I can eat something and get super low numbers, and the next super high.  It is so confusing and scaring me that they are going to up my meds again (even though I really don't believe I actually need them based on hormones and food!)... I'm just doing the best I can.  It's also messing with my BP which I'm now monitoring too.  Ugh...

Menu:  Mexican- oh how I miss it!  I have tried and mostly failed but have done okay with two things.  The first was a taco salad- no shell.  Only at one of the places I go, the balance is off, too many beans and rice or something, but I've managed to counter it asking for more lettuce and not eating the whole thing.  I've also had success getting a combo platter with a chili relleno (breading removed) and a soft beef taco or beef enchilada.  I even can eat a few bites of the beans and rice.

I seriously think that one of the first things I'll eat post partum will be a no meat super burrito from our local taqueria!  I miss refried beans!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Question of the Day: Are you finding the heat is affect your diet and/or GD numbers ? explain?   I think a little, not sure how much though.  It's been a little stressful with the heat and not being able to take my morning / evening walks.  I'm trying to be very strict on my eating to compensate for it, but that's not always working! 

Menu: Have you tried Mexican food yet? What?s worked for you at Mexican places?  Only thing I can do is cheese enchiladas (2 of them) and very little rice.  I really miss chips / queso though!  sigh...someday...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"