Breastfeeding
Options

If your baby was tongue tied...

Did you get the frenulem clipped? We had lo's clipped today due to poor latch and low supply. If you did get it clipped, how long was it until you noticed a big improvement? I am supplementing with formula right now and am anxious to start weaning off of it. 

Re: If your baby was tongue tied...

• Options
    Both my boys (and most likely #3) were tongue tied.  We had our ped clip it. With #1 it was clipped at 2 weeks and my nipples were in bad shape so I didn't notice a change right away.  #2 was clipped at 1 week and I nursed after it and noticed a HUGE difference right away. Just keep nursing frequently and it will get better.  FWIW: I discovered that the tongue tie was genetic from my side of the family.  All my boys, brother, dad, aunt, and even grandfather were all tied.  My brother didn't get clipped until he was 18 (he couldn't ever lick an ice cream cone) and he said it was the most painful thing he's ever felt. 
  • Options
    He was Born on Sunday night and it was clipped Thursday.  We BF'd right away and it was an immediate improvement.  If you truely want off FF you need to nurse and pump lots.  Some ppl have recommened spending one day or a weekend doing nothing else.  You need to build your supply and LO is best at that.  Hope it all works out!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageilovemochas:
    Did you get the frenulem clipped? We had lo's clipped today due to poor latch and low supply. If you did get it clipped, how long was it until you noticed a big improvement? I am supplementing with formula right now and am anxious to start weaning off of it. 

We didn't get DS's clipped. My sister and I were both born with them... hers was clipped and my mother still couldn't BF, while mine wasn't clipped and I BF fine. DS had some trouble latching in the hospital but I worked with an LC and it's been fine since.

• Options
    Thank you! I have been working so hard at breastfeeding and I hope that this will help us be successful. I am glad that it worked for some of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"