Phoenix Babies
Options

Opinions on a hospital needed!

Hello, ladies!  My name is Sharett!  I'm 12 weeks pregnant & I wanted to ask you all a question!  Have any of you delivered at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital on 12th St & Mcdowell?  That's where I'm supposed to deliver in October of this year & I've heard some good things about this hospital and it's well rated by my insurance company, but I would love to hear some 1st hand stories of women who delivered there!  So please share your stories with me!!  I wanna hear the good, the bad & the ugly, so I know if I need to switch doctors to go to a different hospital.  Thanks, everyone!

Re: Opinions on a hospital needed!

• Options

I haven't delivered there, but I plan to. I was in their antepartum until for 2 days because of severe morning sickness and the nurses were amazing. Also, they are one of only two hospital with a NICU so your baby will be well taken care of if there are complications! Just my thought - I'm having twins so I'm considered "high risk" and it was strongly recommended that I deliver there.

Hopefully you'll get some first hand responses too! 

• Options
    Well sorry to hear you are strugglin a bit.  Hope all goes well for you and your babies!  Thanks for responding to my post with your input!  Sounds like this hospital has a good reputation to me. Glad you had a good experience there.  That puts my mind at ease a little.  Thanks, again and good luck with everything! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A friend delivered there b/c she was VERY high risk and the have the highest level NICU.  I didn't ask about her experience, but I think it was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered my 2 sons there, and will be delivering there for this one as well.  It is a great hospital.  The nurses there are awesome, they make sure you and the baby are well taken care of the whole time. From triage to delivering, I definitely was made to feel comfortable and well taken care of. With my first, there were some issues close to delivery where his heartbeat kept dropping.  Within what seemed like seconds there were multiple nurses in there helping to stabilize.  Everything turned out great and I delivered with no problems!  I would not look to deliver anywhere else. Smile
  • Options
    allip504..  That is definitely good to know about the NICU there.  Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    hpulju..  Wow!  This is great!  Just what I was hoping to hear about this hospital!  I'm so glad everything turned out well for you and your children.  I hope this next delivery goes just as well for you.  Thanks so much for sharing this with me!  I really do appreicate it!
  • Options
    Phoenix Children's Hospital operates out of Good Sam, so it's a wonderful place to have your baby. If there are any complications (hopefully not) you can't pick a better place to deliver.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding!  I did not know about Phoenix Children's hospital operating out of Good Sam! That's definitely good to know!  I love all these wonderful things I'm hearing!  Thank you!
  • Options

I delivered my daughter (first child) in February and I have nothing but good things to say about the nursing staff there.

I will admit that prior to my very first visit there, I was skeptical about the hospital (because of the location and clientel). At my first visit, I witnessed a guy standing in the middle of the road tearing off his heart monitor patches from his chest...it was very random. However, my skepticism and anxiety were put to rest when I met with the OB staff.

I suffered from gestational diabetes and was there twice a week starting my 28th week, so I was pretty much a regular at the hospital (they like to ask you when your last menstrual cycle was each time). The OB/Triage, L&D and post partum nurses were awesome. There are some nurses there that weren't the friendliest, but you'll encounter that anywhere.

The only negative experience I had was with the Resident that was assigned to my delivery - he didn't have a great bedside manner and I didn't like him, so I asked for a new resident and was lucky enough to have a great replacement.

The birthing rooms are okay. They aren't the fanciest by any means, but they serve their purpose.  The chair my husband slept/sat in wasn't the most comfortable for him either. The post-partum rooms have an extra bed in them so your husband can stay with you the whole time - that was nice.

Good luck to you with your pregnancy and delivery.  Hopefully, this is one less thing to worry about.

• Options
    I delivered my twins there after spending a month on bedrest in the antepartum unit, as well.  Additionally, my twins were both in the NICU there (officially Phx Children's, but right on-site).  I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Banner Good Sam!
  • Options
    I'm also due in Oct and will deliver at Good Sam.   Maybe I'll see you there!  I had surgury here in Dec. by my obgyn and was amazed at everyone I had contact with: professional, courteous and made me feel comfortable.  Though the department s obviously different, I feel this is one of the better hospitals in Phoenix after having been to a handful of them. 
  • Options
    My ON/GYN also delivers there (although I did not).  He mentioned to me recently that they have just redone the birthing room and that they are really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"