Breastfeeding

HELP!!

I am soo frustrated...I have always imagined breast feeding my babies, but I never thought it would be this hard. I had my daughter 5 days ago and my milk still hasnt come in yet. I feel kind of heavy and sore today so Im wondering if its on its way. Im scared without using it that it will just decide to dry up and never come. Also I was told I have slightly flat nipples, and I am very large chested so she doesn't want to latch either. They gave me a shield at the hospital which helped, but with no supply ive been giving her formula. I really want this to work, but its just so hard. Ive been home for 2 days now and she won't latch at all anymore...I guess I need to just keep trying and use the shield. Any tips?? and when is this milk ever going to get here?!?!?
*Michelle* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: HELP!!

• Are you pumping every time you supplement?  If not you need to.  I would find a lactation consultant.  Your pedi might have a recommendation.  The LC will be able to help you a lot.  I even saw one 2 weeks ago just to make sure we were doing thing right and I have done this before. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The only way to get your milk to come in is to keep nursing! I had to supplement due to my LO losing too much weight, but I would nurse about 20min per side then we would supplement 1 oz. We only did this for about 3 days, then my milk came in. Just hang in there! It's not easy but it is well worth it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there, this can work.  You need to find a LC quickly to come help you get your latch navigated and get working on getting baby to breast.  It is so worth it.  Call your doc, the hospital, or find the local Le Leche League in your area.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"