TTC after 35
Options

Uh-oh...Did I F*** It Up???

DH and I worked a charity event last night and got home pretty late.  I was so tired from working all day, plus the event last night, that I totally forgot to take my shot (gonal-F)!!  OH CRAP!!!  What is wrong with me???  I cannot believe I did that!  I realized it this morning and took the shot at 9 am (I usually take it around 11pm every night). 

Do you guys think it'll be alright?  Have any of you ever done that before? 

Re: Uh-oh...Did I F*** It Up???

• Options

This is the part of those injections that stress me out the most...the 'forgetting' part.  I would call the Dr's but I think it will probably be okay.

The only thing that might concern me is what the affect of two doses in one day could (if anything) do to you.  ETA (because I didn't finish my thought): I'm wondering if they will have you just do the one injection today and then continue as normal tomorrow.  So maybe it would put your timing off a day, KWIM?

I'm totally speculating though.

• Options

With this last IVF, there were two shots a day and I was so nervous I would forget.  The one in the morning was really hard to remember. I would set the alarm on my phone to remind myself.  So, you might want to start doing that from now on.

I would call your RE and ask what you should do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image*Chicken*:

This is the part of those injections that stress me out the most...the 'forgetting' part.  I would call the Dr's but I think it will probably be okay.

The only thing that might concern me is what the affect of two doses in one day could (if anything) do to you.  ETA (because I didn't finish my thought): I'm wondering if they will have you just do the one injection today and then continue as normal tomorrow.  So maybe it would put your timing off a day, KWIM?

I'm totally speculating though.

I agree with this and what Holly said, my RE has a protocol with once a day and another with twice a day. I'm sure you're not the first person to call the RE with this question! GL!

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options
    I can't help with this question, but wanted to wish you luck this cycle and I hope it's no big deal! 

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    imagehollymichael:

With this last IVF, there were two shots a day and I was so nervous I would forget.  The one in the morning was really hard to remember. I would set the alarm on my phone to remind myself.  So, you might want to start doing that from now on.

I would call your RE and ask what you should do.

I do this too. Alarm on phone for every shot and pill I had to take. It was too much to remember. Especially after the egg retrieval. And definitely call your RE 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  I have forgotten stuff too.  Good luck!  I hope everything is just fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"