Breastfeeding
Options

I need some help, guidance and tips

So my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I am going out for the evening. This will be my first time away from my then 6 week old. I will be gone from her for about 8 hrs mabe more. I EBF and I was wondering how it will affect my supply by now feeding her. I get engorged around 5 hrs after a feeding. I don't think I will be able to pump while out. We are going to a restaurant and then a bar after. Plus I will be drinking (first time for this too) that evening also. I don't plan on getting wasted but if it happens what should I do? Should I pump and dump when I get home? I just don't want to be uncomfotable while I'm trying to enjoy myself. Any tips, help or advice is welcome! TIA

Re: I need some help, guidance and tips

• Options
    8 hours?  hmmm, I could not have done that for the first 6 months.  Can you pump between dinner and the bar?
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Options
    If I were you, I would pump/feed right before you leave and pump at least once, preferably twice while you are out.  At 6 weeks your body could still be trying to regulate your milk supply.  If you will be drinking, I would just pump and dump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8 hrs you are going to be so engorged... it would be worth it for me to pump sometime inbetween stuff... you might enjoy yourself more
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    Definitely try to get a pumping session in. Even if it's just to reduce engorgement. You don't want to end up with clogs, mastitis, or a hit to your supply since you are still establishing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"