Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

This blog is hilarious!

https://knockedupknockeddown.blogspot.com/2009/02/marvelous-misoprostol.html

About the difficulty in choosing how to miscarry. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This blog is hilarious!

• Options

Haha, that is pretty good.  Of course, in the sad, no-one-should-ever-have-to-go-through-this kind of way.  Thanks for sharing! 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageanonomity:

Haha, that is pretty good.  Of course, in the sad, no-one-should-ever-have-to-go-through-this kind of way.  Thanks for sharing! 

Yeah, or a if-I-don't-laugh-I'm-going-to-cry kind of funny.

I just loved her description of the warning on the misoprostol. I too thought it was the second to least dangerous method (least being waiting) and then read about how incredibly dangerous it could be only after I'd put them it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageitsmegin:
    imageanonomity:

Yeah, or a if-I-don't-laugh-I'm-going-to-cry kind of funny.

I just loved her description of the warning on the misoprostol. I too thought it was the second to least dangerous method (least being waiting) and then read about how incredibly dangerous it could be only after I'd put them it.

Yeah, I unfortunately read all of the horror stories before I took them, so I was super freaked out and literally shaking when I put them in my mouth.  The only reason I still did it was because I was even more terrified of a D&C than I was of bleeding out on my couch, if you can believe that. 

TTC since January 2010

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options

Oh I believe it. I took the second round knowing the risks, but my doctor even still preferred it to a D&C. She did miso 4 times, so I figured if she chose that for herself it was probably the best option.

Although, apparently for me it doesn't make me bleed very much at all...I'm still just spotting a tiny bit, and it's been almost 6 hours since my second round. 

• Options
    Hmm, that is strange but I know it doesn't always work for everyone.  I replied to one of your other posts, but did you ask your doctor about trying a dose or two orally/sublinguilly?  Thats how I took it and it started working within a few hours.  I've read taking it orally can increase its effects, because its less foolproof than taking it vaginally (pills can not be inserted far enough, pills can slide out, etc.). 
    TTC since January 2010

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options

Hmmm, I didn't ask her. I suspect the pills coming out might be part of the problem. I made sure I got them wet so they would start to dissolve before putting them in, but both yesterday and today I noticed some dissolved pill coming out when I wiped (gross). Only a little though, and in the ultrasound she didn't see any pills still in there, which she said sometimes happens. Even with a little coming out, I would think after 8 pills whatever was left would have some effect.

I will ask her about it tomorrow, but I think at this point we're going to do a D&C instead of what would be a 3rd round of hoping this would work. 

• Options
    Yeah, I would think it should have had some effect too.  I'm sorry. :-(  I'll be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed that the pills will start to take effect soon, so you won't have to do the D&C.  
    TTC since January 2010

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options
    i actually read that book the week after our m/c its pretty funny and sad at the same time- i sent it to cashewsmommy if anyone else wants to read it after her you are more than welcome to it.
  • Options
    I love you for posting this. I think I am going to be up until the wee hours reading and laughing. So needed a good belly laugh, and I love the dark humour about a non-funny subject.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"